What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
How does the symmetry clear look on the jet black? I'm finding the "clear" cases are translucent and make the jet black look matte. I love my current otterbox symmetry but it's black (which I love the look don't get me wrong! My favorite case!) but I was curious about a clear case for my jet black. If you could post pictures that would be great!

Frankly, all these types of clear cases makes the back of the JB look matte in color and if you look at the back of the phone sideways you'll see a minor rainbow effect. Who look at their phones like that but it is there.

I'm happy with the Symmetry Clear because it's sleek, provides drop protection, shows the black color of the phone and will not yellow like a "true" clear case.

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
d0a6406654c53d3015b3698272ac12da.jpg

Vaja case got delivered today.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
going naked for a week. I am keeping the screen protector on it tho. Gonna see what happens. I have a small ding on the top right corner already, so it's already "broken in".

At this point I'm done fretting about babying any sort of device. It is just a tool to get the job done. I won't purposely put it in any situations to get messed up, but I won't baby it either, ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Thought you had the Commuter on your phone, how did you ding up the top already?

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After trying many cases I believe the official Apple Silicone and Leather are the best. I have a black leather and a black silicone. Plus I have a Sena leather pouch for when I use it naked. Those are my three picks!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Here's mine. It's the UAG Monarch case. It's an amazing case and even better than their "standard" line. I modified it to accommodate a Steelie plate as you can see in the picture. As you can see in the pic, the back of the case isn't flat/flush and originally could not accommodate the plate due to there not being a flat surface for the adhesive back. I filled the "dip" with a clear epoxy and left it to set overnight. This morning I checked on it, it was hardened and looks totally factory. I was able to then attach the plate and now it works great!
7732d05c9c0b6320b1cfa4b5776f7d1a.jpg

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I went to return my OtterBox Symmetry because although it was my first case the Commuter feels SO much better in the hand than it. But then this case caught my eye so I'm giving it the usual 24 break in period to see how I handle it, if it's good I'll keep it, if not, I'm going with the Commuter.

Platinum D30

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/92a13b9d1b3af0f7d8612412a92b5a3e.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/1b0d30e63a72d8cf46166407f7450d4c.jpg

I had this case for a couple of days and returned it. I couldn't stand the flush volume and power buttons.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thought you had the Commuter on your phone, how did you ding up the top already?

Used it a few hours and today without a case. I still have the tempered glass screen protector on there, but it just worked. I returned the commuter today for a Speck Presidio Grip and it's still having the same symptoms the one I got from Target had. It is a wobbly case...

I checked out a few UAG cases and it bugs me that they have that cutout for the headphone jack. I know it's for better margins and easier compatibility for 6/6s/7+ phones.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Used it a few hours and today without a case. I still have the tempered glass screen protector on there, but it just worked. I returned the commuter today for a Speck Presidio Grip and it's still having the same symptoms the one I got from Target had. It is a wobbly case...

I checked out a few UAG cases and it bugs me that they have that cutout for the headphone jack. I know it's for better margins and easier compatibility for 6/6s/7+ phones.

The cutout bothered me at first but I have grown to ignore it. I don't particularly look down there often unless I am plugging in to charge.

I AM happy they removed those dumb open holes that were on the previous 6/6S Plus cases. The top hole scratched up my Apple logo. A lot of people disliked it and it seems like they listened.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The cutout bothered me at first but I have grown to ignore it. I don't particularly look down there often unless I am plugging in to charge.

I AM happy they removed those dumb open holes that were on the previous 6/6S Plus cases. The top hole scratched up my Apple logo. A lot of people disliked it and it seems like they listened.

seemed kinda pointless but also maybe a shock/impact thing that releases the air? Oh well. It is definitely a lot better in the hand now.

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Do most of you like to change casings around?

I'm thinking of getting the black 7+ after using a gold 6+ for 2 years, but I like to swap casings. Any idea if the iphone housing might fade due to the constant removing of casings? With the gold, any fades wouldnt be that obvious....

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Got a Sena UltraSlim Heritage Genuine Leather sleeve and a Snugg fake leather sleeve, both black for my matte black plus. They're both fantastic to carry the phone around. The leather is soft and elegant. The imitation leather is more protective. Both have microsuede liners and protect the naked phone while carrying it in your pocket or wherever. But then you can use it as it was made. A really nice solution. So not technically a case but kind of, at least until you're actually using the phone. Highly recommended.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I caved, and settled, went to the Apple Store to pick up a leather case. They were completely out of black, so I settled for storm gray. Still looks nice on the black phone and I'm loving the aluminum buttons.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I caved, and settled, went to the Apple Store to pick up a leather case. They were completely out of black, so I settled for storm gray. Still looks nice on the black phone and I'm loving the aluminum buttons.

Those are nice. Order a black leather Apple case. They look superb on a black iphone. Almost all the colors do though too. The Product Red are nice too. Enjoy.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Nice! I don't think you "settled" at all. I've seen a few pics of that combo and think it looks really nice. I originally thought if I got a leather case it would be the saddle to let it age but after seeing the matte black in a gray case on here, I think I'd have to go with that combo instead.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77