Were we as unsure about the 3g as we are regarding the supposed new iPhone?

Mushy2012

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I wasnt following iPhone stuff last year so I'm just wondering if the 3g was all rumors up until it was announced by Jobs or was it a sure thing at this point last year? I'm waiting for if/when this supposed new model is announced to decide when to make the iPhone jump and the wait is killing me!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I guess this year is a bit less sure than last year since Apple & at&t hinted at 3G last year after the 1st gen came out, but it's looking very likely there will be another one this year.

I would at least wait until the 2nd week of June to see if they talk about it at WWDC.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Problem is that all we have heard is speculation. If you are thinking of upgrading, my advice would be to wait until we hear definite word on whether or not there will be a new hardware model.

nevermind

May 27, 2009
Visit site
We are waiting. If there is no news by July 15th we will be buying the 3Gs.

However, I will be completely shocked if there hasn't been an announcement by then.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I agree with jamesus. This year has pretty much been all speculation and rumors.

Indeed. I just hope it is not a situation where we build the phone up in our minds and then suffer a huge let down...

As redundant as this sounds, we know what we know and we don't know what we don't know.

I share in nellybelly's thoughts. The problem is that I always have such high expectations for upcoming devices/movies/albums etc. that I need to manage my own expectations. Sometimes though my mind just runs wild with the thought how awesome it will be when they announce the 1 TB 10G OLED 45 day talk time battery iPhone that also gives you the gift of flight! :eek:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I think it was pretty much a given last year that everyone knew there would be an iPhone with at least a 3G radio. The only other thing really was GPS that was also expected. Those are really the only differences in the original and iPhone 3G, other than the all plastic back.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I think it was pretty much a given last year that everyone knew there would be an iPhone with at least a 3G radio. The only other thing really was GPS that was also expected. Those are really the only differences in the original and iPhone 3G, other than the all plastic back.

We also knew about the App Store with the release of the SDK. I know that is not just 3G specific, but it was a huge thing to look forward to.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
What sucks for me is that I have the money to switch to At&T and buy an iphone and cannot wait! But... I have to wait, wait until atleast July so I won't feel retarded for getting a 16GB 3G, when there is a newer model out. A real stale face...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy