Weekly Photo Contest: Avatars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Taken on our recent holiday, edited with instagram and over (to add text)
Since our avatar is supposed to represent who we are, I chose this as being a dad means everything to me and I feel this photo shows our father son relationship at its best.

afb6dc6a.jpg

Kenty7p5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
This week we're asking you to take a killer photo for your avatar here on iMore! Although self-portraits are extremely popular for people to use as their avatar, this is not a requirement. Pick a subject that reflects *you*, get creative, and capture that killer image that translates into the perfect avatar for *you*.

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone or iPad (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them.

Additional Rule: For this contest, you must also set your photo as your iMore avatar in addition to sharing it to this thread.

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photos, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win. However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out these articles from our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to take great looking portraits with your iPhone camera
How to edit portraits with iPhoto for iPhone and iPad
How to make your iPhone photographs more powerful with negative space
How to make your iPhone photography more striking with the ?rule of thirds?

The contest begins now and ends next Wednesday, July 18 at 9p Pacific.
Taken with iPhone4 and modified with Camera+

Kim M

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Taken and edited with my iPhone 4S, with help of Camera + app.

The model is my 18-month son (at the time the photo was taken), we were waiting for my husband at the park near where he works. He happened to post (unintentionally) and I just had to snap!!

Photo title: Life is like a box of chocolates...

fhorn2k#AC

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
My instrument

This photo was taken in the summer of 2011 with my iPhone 4, and I believe I used Instagram to edit it (hence the square shape). I have been a music teacher for the past seven years, and this picture was taken before an outdoor performance of the local community band that I am in. I am going back to school for a third time this fall (DMA) and this instrument is what helped get me there.

Trevor_G_ZA

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Outside Looking In

I love this shot. Taken with stock, colour removed and enhanced with Color Effects, Framed and blurred for tunnel effect through Instagram.

I feel like this shot 6 out of 7 days in a week!

grieverhart

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Taken with my iphone..Its a 800 year old church found in Antigua, Guatemala built sometime around the 1200's..no editing just angled/exposed

ri2d2

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Love!

My first post on iMore!
This photo was taken with Iphone4s and then I just applied an instagram filter. It was taken about 6 months ago just a few weeks before my wedding.

Last edited:

MacBipes

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Mmmm. 11 Ball.

My avatar is of me enjoying a nice billiards ball after a match. I play in a league and regularly with friends. It's our way of relaxing and forgetting about work.

I just used Instagram for this one. I find it quick and easy to get the old vintage look. I am a graphic designer by trade, and typically use Photoshop for photo work, but iPhone and iPad apps are becoming a part of my tools.

BigRhet

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I like this photo very much which i have taken around 1 year ago. It is spring season and I just take a walk after lunch. Then suddenly I see the spring is coming, and the little grass has turned green.

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
This is a picture of one of the cows that snuck into the field we have the calves in. I took the picture with the iPhone 4s and edited it with Part for something different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
7c97fd34ba5811e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

a self portrait of the bottom of my chin as i marvel at the antique light fixtures in a business called "Architectural Salvage"...where everything in the store is a piece of history saved from buildings and homeowners who wanted to upgrade their houses to fit in with modern times, sold to people that find comfort in nostalgia. ...like me...using the phone of the future to snap photos and filter them through programs that simulate the look and feel of the obsolete medium known as film.

camera: iPhone 4S
editing apps: Photoshop Express + Pixlr-o-Matic

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I use to love Hot Wheels and I still have some at my desk at work, what can I say, I will always be a big kid. Comics, Toys and Cartoons! The pic was taken with my native iPhone 3Gs camera and edited using Snapfeed.

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I use to love Hot Wheels and I still have some at my desk at work, what can I say, I will always be a big kid. Comics, Toys and Cartoons! The pic was taken with my native iPhone 3Gs camera and edited using Snapfeed.

of course, I meant used* and Snapseed...sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77