Very weird iPhone problems: White stripes, sleep button not functioning and much more

egerngg

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys

I woke up this morning to find my iPhone 6 acting really weird. Here I'll sum it up and my hope is some you guys have an idea of what's going on.

The first I noticed was the vertical stripes on the screen, changing colour (mostly white) according to what the screen shows. Though, the first centimeter of the upper part of the screen seem to have a different pattern of stripes. Furthermore the screen seems more "pixelated". The touch screen is still working as it should.

So, I thought it was a screen problem, but soon I realized that the sleep/awake button on the right side of the phone was not responding when trying to lock the screen or trying to turn off the phone.

My next move was resetting the phone (sleep/awake button + home button). It turned off as it should but when it tried to start up again it showed the classic white screen with Apple logo for a few seconds before turning off again. It now went into a loop where it kept starting up and shutting down. Only when I connected the charger it stopped and it started up. But the reset didn't solve the problem.

My latest finding is that the sound buttons only respond sometimes and that the phone can play some sounds, but is silent at incoming calls and notifications. Sometimes the volume icon will show up in the middle of screen and turn the sound up all the way just by itself. Still, there is no sound on calls and notifications.

If the phone is not connected to a charger it'll go back into the resetting loop after a while until plugged in again.

The phone is two years old and I've never had any problems with it. I never changed the screen.

I really don't see a pattern in these symptoms - does anyone have an idea?

Attachments

• IPHONE FUCK UP.jpg
    IPHONE FUCK UP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77