Using the iPhone/iPad for business, what apps do you find useful??

cbntmaker

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5s and iPad 4, and have a part-time business. I know that "they" have been saying for years that the iPhone and iPad aren't business friendly like Blackberry or Android. I know that I'm no big CEO, with trade secrets on my mobile devices, but I find them very useful.

These are the business related apps I have and find useful:

1. Scanner Pro - This is my most use app, for business and personal use
2. PDF Expert(Readdle)- I can open, sign, annotate, and etc with this app.
3. Dropbox- My default document storage.
4. Evernote- Haven't really use this but a couple of times, but I'm going to learn more about it. Seems to have more features than Dropbox.
5. Camcard- This is a neat app, even in this digital age, people still use paper business cards.
6. Linkedin- Haven't really gain any new contacts, but haven't used it that much.
7. FileCentral/was called Print-N-Share Pro- This is a neat app, that allows me to print to wireless printers from my iPhone/iPad.
8. DataVault- Use this for storing all my passwords/usernames.
9. Default Mail- I use the standard Apple mail app.
10. Default Calendar- I use the standard Apple calendar app for keeping up with appointments/etc.

Now, here are a list of apps I have, but haven't really used them yet. However, I'm sure I will use them in time, because I bought them after having someone telling me they use them regularly for work/business.

1. Documents to Go Premium
2. Quickoffice
3. iWorks (Pages/Numbers/Keynote)
4. Google Drive

So, what kind of apps do you use for business purposes, whether you work for someone/corporate, or you have your own business or you're a 1099 employee like sales.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to go with my top one of Dropbox, Evernote, Datavault, even the native apps like reminders, Mapquest, My Own Banking app, Twitterffic, Fantastical 2, to name a few.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Native Calender
Notes
StockTwits
Twitter
CNBC
Feedly
SplashID
Fidelity Investments
WSJ
FT
Google Drive
Numbers
Good Luck

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5s and iPad 4, and have a part-time business. I know that "they" have been saying for years that the iPhone and iPad aren't business friendly like Blackberry or Android. I know that I'm no big CEO, with trade secrets on my mobile devices, but I find them very useful.

These are the business related apps I have and find useful:

1. Scanner Pro - This is my most use app, for business and personal use
2. PDF Expert(Readdle)- I can open, sign, annotate, and etc with this app.
3. Dropbox- My default document storage.
4. Evernote- Haven't really use this but a couple of times, but I'm going to learn more about it. Seems to have more features than Dropbox.
5. Camcard- This is a neat app, even in this digital age, people still use paper business cards.
6. Linkedin- Haven't really gain any new contacts, but haven't used it that much.
7. FileCentral/was called Print-N-Share Pro- This is a neat app, that allows me to print to wireless printers from my iPhone/iPad.
8. DataVault- Use this for storing all my passwords/usernames.
9. Default Mail- I use the standard Apple mail app.
10. Default Calendar- I use the standard Apple calendar app for keeping up with appointments/etc.

Now, here are a list of apps I have, but haven't really used them yet. However, I'm sure I will use them in time, because I bought them after having someone telling me they use them regularly for work/business.

1. Documents to Go Premium
2. Quickoffice
3. iWorks (Pages/Numbers/Keynote)
4. Google Drive

So, what kind of apps do you use for business purposes, whether you work for someone/corporate, or you have your own business or you're a 1099 employee like sales.

Speaking of scanner, the native Passbook app has a built in QR Scanner. Just to let you know.

Alice Laquisha

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

Recently I downloaded VIPaList app which helps me a lot during business hours.

With an easily-managed call management function, it lets to determine who I want to talk too, when I want to talk to them and also where.

It allow to create groups with family, co-workers, friends,Business Team etc.., so I can either allow, or silence them with a single screen tap.

During business meeting it helps to receive calls only from A list (Allowed List).

Some best features of the app are,

* Group calls by category or caller to allow them to ring through, or go to voice mail
* Allow callers in a specific group to ring through only while you are in a specific geographic location
* Silence unknown, private, and hidden numbers

Thank you.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My last post in this old thread was almost 7 years ago. Since this thread was brought back to life...;)....I’ll update my reply.

Things
Outlook
Slack
Trello
Zoom
NordVPN
Dropbox
Open Path
Skitch
Discord

M9-Games

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
I would recommend trying to use web based apps and services that don't always rely on using the same device. That way you can always have access to your business no matter what happens to your iPad or iPhone.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll use my student life apps. I can't share the professional app list, because it's confidential.
  • Apple Mail
  • Microsoft Word
  • Microsoft Excel
  • Microsoft PowerPoint
  • Microsoft OneNote
  • Microsoft OneDrive
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Moodle
  • Discord
  • Zoom
  • Slack
  • GitHub

Most of these apps are similar to what a business would use ;)