Using a Lifeproof Fre' with a screen protector

cbntmaker

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought the new Lifeproof Fre' case for the 5s from Best Buy last week. I have a Mophie case for my daily use, but I need a waterproof case for use under certain work conditions. I read about the Fre' having a bubble or newton rings, but also as many people saying they have not problem. I have a belkin screen protector on my phone, and want to leave this on for protection when using my mophie case.

Well, I have these air bubbles when I put the Lifeproof case on, and was wondering if anyone here has ever resolved this issue. I tried everything I have read to get rid of it. Using a small amount of baby powder on the inside of the case screen protector, mashing the case with the ports on the bottom open for air to escape. but, none of these have worked.

Some post I've read, say getting a non glare screen protector help resolve the problem, but no one has mentioned what type/brand, and the post were to old to try to ask.

I would really like to use this case, because it was the only waterproof case I could find with a belt clip.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
When using my Lifeproof I buy the ones from the apple store. Basically your looking for antiglare that is smooth. Not like a zagg screen protector. The apple ones work great with the LP

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Which screen are you using Zerog46 on your phone with your Lifeproof. I see several on Apple site. I have the 5S with Lifeproof and I get those dreaded rainbows. I would like try the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbntmaker

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it's the Belkin one they sell. Have to see if I still have the packaging.

Thanks for telling this.Went to the Apple Store today and ask about the Belkin anti-glare screen protector. Gave me the only one they sold, and it completely solved my problem.

image.jpgimage.jpg

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought the new Lifeproof Fre' case for the 5s from Best Buy last week. I have a Mophie case for my daily use, but I need a waterproof case for use under certain work conditions. I read about the Fre' having a bubble or newton rings, but also as many people saying they have not problem. I have a belkin screen protector on my phone, and want to leave this on for protection when using my mophie case.

Well, I have these air bubbles when I put the Lifeproof case on, and was wondering if anyone here has ever resolved this issue. I tried everything I have read to get rid of it. Using a small amount of baby powder on the inside of the case screen protector, mashing the case with the ports on the bottom open for air to escape. but, none of these have worked.

Some post I've read, say getting a non glare screen protector help resolve the problem, but no one has mentioned what type/brand, and the post were to old to try to ask.

I would really like to use this case, because it was the only waterproof case I could find with a belt clip.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

How do you like the case? I was thinking about getting one.

cbntmaker

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
i really like the Fre' case. It's very light, but is very well made. I did the water test ( I put a facial tissue inside to make sure ) and it did not leak. The previous screen protector I had on my phone was a Belkin, put it was a shiny one like the Zagg. I would highly recommend the Lifeproof case without hesitation. Plus, the sales associate at Best Buy said I had until January to return it, even if I used it.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
i really like the Fre' case. It's very light, but is very well made. I did the water test ( I put a facial tissue inside to make sure ) and it did not leak. The previous screen protector I had on my phone was a Belkin, put it was a shiny one like the Zagg. I would highly recommend the Lifeproof case without hesitation. Plus, the sales associate at Best Buy said I had until January to return it, even if I used it.

Call quality is good? Any oil slick effect?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Seems like you can get rid of it but placing the phone and case next to an AC unit for at least an hour or the fine baby powder. I tried the AC method and as of today have returned the case. Seems good but it's not for me. Can't deal with the swirls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbntmaker

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Call quality is good? Any oil slick effect?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

I had read about call quailty issues, and that was the real reason I was concerned about being able to return the case. However, I can hear who I'm talking too and they say they hear me good as well. But, I haven't tried speaker phone, because I just don't use it, but I think I will just to see. When I replaced my screen protector, with the anti-glare one, that completely did away with the oil slick, Newton Rings, etc.

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
The nuud that I have works with Touch ID. I got it straight from LifeProof during one of their recent sales. I got the case, holster and water protection plan for under $100.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free