User's music plays at a lower volume while playiing the game now?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I recall playing Pok?mon GO whilst litening to MY MUSIC and it played at a normal volume, not very long ago.

Now, however, it seems that the Pok?mon GO app lowers the volume of MY MUSIC significantly while it is on-screen. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the new norm for the latest update to the Pok?mon GO app?

I can tell (and it is obvious) that MY MUSIC is being played at a lower volume while the app is on-screen. I take the app off-screen and the volume of MY MUSIC instantly goes up.

I would really like it if I could listen to MY MUSIC at the regular volume even while the Pok?mon GO app is on-screen.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

BTW, I am using standard-issue EarPods with a mophie juice pack.

-Rafagon

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't play Pok?mon Go so I can only assume that the lowering the volume while the app is actively displayed on the screen is built-in. Again, I'm only assuming. Hopefully, others will reply soon.

Artzz

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I recall playing Pok?mon GO whilst litening to MY MUSIC and it played at a normal volume, not very long ago.

Now, however, it seems that the Pok?mon GO app lowers the volume of MY MUSIC significantly while it is on-screen. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the new norm for the latest update to the Pok?mon GO app?

I can tell (and it is obvious) that MY MUSIC is being played at a lower volume while the app is on-screen. I take the app off-screen and the volume of MY MUSIC instantly goes up.

I would really like it if I could listen to MY MUSIC at the regular volume even while the Pok?mon GO app is on-screen.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

BTW, I am using standard-issue EarPods with a mophie juice pack.

-Rafagon

Yea man! Just in my case my music stops completel, it sucks

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Yea man! Just in my case my music stops completel, it sucks

Hopefully this works for you and anyone else missing their music since the last couple of Pok?mon GO updates.

Just pull up the control center, SKIP to the next track, and BOOM. Music back at full volume. Just tested it out on my iPhone 6s with iOS 10.1.1, First Edition.

Note that if you switch apps and come back to Pok?mon GO you’ll have to do this again.

(Thanks, Reddit!)

(Damn you, Apple, why couldn’t you just name the second 10.1.1 “10.1.2" like a normal tech company would have?)

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe it is built in to Pok?mon Go, I've noticed it too. I believe it's a safety feature, since your attention is focused on your screen your other senses are dulled, and dulled even further by music. So by limited the playback volume while in game it allows you to hear what's going on around you.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I believe it is built in to Pok?mon Go, I've noticed it too. I believe it's a safety feature, since your attention is focused on your screen your other senses are dulled, and dulled even further by music. So by limited the playback volume while in game it allows you to hear what's going on around you.

Definitely built into Pok?mon GO, you’ve got that right. But it’s only been happening as of two or three updates ago. It wasn’t like that before. I was very happy these people on Reddit found a way around it, though. Once you’ve played Pok?mon GO while enjoying your music at the volume YOU want, it’s hard to go back to playing with the ultra-reduced volume. I find that listening to music I like at a level I want while playing the game is motivating, just like it is for, say, joggers or runners.

There are legitimate times you may want to safely hear loud music and it’s totally safe for you to do so: i.e. public transportation. I’m not sure how much I like Niantic “punishing” everyone because a very, very small number of people lack the common sense to make their own assessment as to when it is safe to listen to loud music and when it isn’t.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77