Usage Meter App?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPad WiFi model so mine doesn't have the "Usage" meter that measures how long the iPad has been used since its last charge.

Is there an iPad app that does this rather than just telling me how much battery life is left and multiplying it by 10?

I want to know how much time the usage has been...its VERY important in calculating battery efficiency.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I have an iPad WiFi model so mine doesn't have the "Usage" meter that measures how long the iPad has been used since its last charge.

Is there an iPad app that does this rather than just telling me how much battery life is left and multiplying it by 10?

I want to know how much time the usage has been...its VERY important in calculating battery efficiency.
I don't think ANY iPad has that meter. The 3G models with plans other than "unlimited" will tell the user how much DATA has been consumed since date-x, but not how many minutes or hours the device has been used for since the last charge.

Since I got the unlimited plan I don't have such a meter. I gather that's because "they" assume I don't need or want to know how much data I use since I won't be charged by unit OF data. Bypassing that logical leap for a second, there's little reason to assume that a user would or wouldn't need or want to know how long his or her iPad has been active, since the last charge... based on his or her data plan or iPad model.

It'd have to be smartly designed. I'll tell you that much. The meter would have to measure how long the iPad has been "active," and the designer would have to decide how "active" is defined for different usage patterns and somehow explain that to the user in a way that doesn't make his or her eyes glaze over.

Is "active" defined as any time the screen is on or just times when the screen is on and the user is touching the screen? Is it times when the screen is on and an app is doing something ... "active?" Is it when the screen is off and something is playing, anyway?

Sorry, but this one is a toughie. The user's going to have to get a feel for his or her battery life or perform strict tests.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I would say when the screen is on counts as active. But the iPhone HAS this meter within it and has for awhile. The iPad seems to be left out...sorry for the extremely late reply.