Unexpected Upgrade !

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my iphone 6s Plus for three years now and given that ios 13 works absolutely fine on it I didn't think I will upgrade until next year for 2020 iphone. But then I found myself in the local Apple store yesterday afternoon and came out with an apple bag containing an iphone 11 128 GB in green with a clear Apple case !

The phone is very good, and the green colour is much nicer when you see it in real life than on youtube channels. its the best colour in my opinion.

Got used to FACE ID very quickly and so far I haven't got buyers remorse !

IMG_1146.jpeg
Screenshot 2019-09-21 at 12.02.45.jpg

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on your new device ! I'm trying to hold out until 2020 also ,guess I'll have to stay out of Apple stores .:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my iphone 6s Plus for three years now and given that ios 13 works absolutely fine on it I didn't think I will upgrade until next year for 2020 iphone. But then I found myself in the local Apple store yesterday afternoon and came out with an apple bag containing an iphone 11 128 GB in green with a clear Apple case !

The phone is very good, and the green colour is much nicer when you see it in real life than on youtube channels. its the best colour in my opinion.

View attachment 126926
View attachment 126927

That’s awesome, and the photo of the green iPhone looks great. Congratulations...

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

View attachment 126926
View attachment 126927

Sadly I had to return my 11 and went back to my 6s plus . Nothing wrong with the 11 of course , in fact I was quite saddened to return it . It’s only because I bought while in a country that blocks Facetime ! Apparently i won’t be able to install it even after I went back to Europe . So for now the upgrade has to wait until I go back home . ☹️

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations! I also went to the Apple Store yesterday. I also came out with a bag... but all that was inside was a watch band for my niece. I like your trip to the Apple Store better! :D

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Sadly I had to return my 11 and went back to my 6s plus . Nothing wrong with the 12 of course , in fact I was quite saddened to return it . It’s only because I bought while in a country that blocks Facetime ! Apparently i won’t be able to install it even after I went back to Europe . So for now the upgrade has to wait until I go back home . ☹️

OH NO! That is so dissappointing for you!

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Congrats. But, as Burt Reynolds said in Smokey and the Bandit, “Black is beautiful”.
477a99158940a4a3cc316b71ce353d41.plist

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Unexpected upgrade (downgrade?) for me. Came from an Xs Max and got the (Product)Red iPhone 11.

Went to the local Apple store on Saturday morning and played with it for a while and took home the 128gb version using the iPhone Upgrade Program...Sweet!

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Unexpected upgrade (downgrade?) for me. Came from an Xs Max and got the (Product)Red iPhone 11.

Went to the local Apple store on Saturday morning and played with it for a while and took home the 128gb version using the iPhone Upgrade Program...Sweet!

I love the Red. That’s the one I went with too. I have had several black phones and decided it was time to do something different

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday was a sad day for me (a little dramatic I know).

So, I’ve been having issues with my (purple) 11 connecting to cellular data for a few days. I went to the T-Mo store on Friday and of course they said it was an Apple issue and the CSR was just not helpful. “Since you didn’t get the phone from us there is nothing we can do. You have to go back to the Apple store.”

Well, off to the Apple store I went since she was no help. Apple exchanged the phone for another 11 and the same issue with cellular connectivity happened Saturday night.

Sunday I go to Apple and exchange for the gold Pro thinking maybe just maybe it’s a signal issue in my house. Doubtful, but trying anything at this point. Get home from the Apple store and the same thing happens again. Now I’m fuming!

Off to the T-Mo store I go because this is definitely not an Apple issue but a T-Mo one. Nice guy greets me at the door. “Welcome to T-Mo. How can I help you?” I explain the situation and tell him I need a new SIM card. He says OK. Then what do you know, Ms. Unhelpful pops up from the back and is like “Did you take it to Apple and what did they say?” Now remember I’m fuming and I’m like it doesn’t really matter what they said because cellular connectivity is a T-Mo issue and I want a new SIM and I’ve been running all over trying to get this fixed. Now here she goes with the you didn’t buy it from us and the guy is like I’m just going to get you a new SIM card. Then she’s like well we’re going to have to charge you $10.67 for the SIM card. Now I’m looking at the Pro in my hand thinking you really think I’m pressed for $11 Ms.? Ugh! Just give me a new SIM card.

After all of this, Mr. Helpful puts the new SIM in my phone and I’ve had no issues since. Now I have no purple phone but at least I have service.

Sorry for the rant.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday was a sad day for me (a little dramatic I know).

So, I’ve been having issues with my (purple) 11 connecting to cellular data for a few days. I went to the T-Mo store on Friday and of course they said it was an Apple issue and the CSR was just not helpful. “Since you didn’t get the phone from us there is nothing we can do. You have to go back to the Apple store.”

Well, off to the Apple store I went since she was no help. Apple exchanged the phone for another 11 and the same issue with cellular connectivity happened Saturday night.

Sunday I go to Apple and exchange for the gold Pro thinking maybe just maybe it’s a signal issue in my house. Doubtful, but trying anything at this point. Get home from the Apple store and the same thing happens again. Now I’m fuming!

Off to the T-Mo store I go because this is definitely not an Apple issue but a T-Mo one. Nice guy greets me at the door. “Welcome to T-Mo. How can I help you?” I explain the situation and tell him I need a new SIM card. He says OK. Then what do you know, Ms. Unhelpful pops up from the back and is like “Did you take it to Apple and what did they say?” Now remember I’m fuming and I’m like it doesn’t really matter what they said because cellular connectivity is a T-Mo issue and I want a new SIM and I’ve been running all over trying to get this fixed. Now here she goes with the you didn’t buy it from us and the guy is like I’m just going to get you a new SIM card. Then she’s like well we’re going to have to charge you $10.67 for the SIM card. Now I’m looking at the Pro in my hand thinking you really think I’m pressed for $11 Ms.? Ugh! Just give me a new SIM card.

After all of this, Mr. Helpful puts the new SIM in my phone and I’ve had no issues since. Now I have no purple phone but at least I have service.

Sorry for the rant.

A suggestion for people with a similar issue, don't ask for a new SIM card, instead ask tell them you want to use the eSIM on the phone. This will save you from what T-Mobile charges for a new SIM card (as well as any questions as to why you need a new SIM card) and will also allow you to put in a second SIM card if (for example, while traveling) you want/need a second line or for data. It will also clearly show if it is the phone or the SIM card that was causing the issue.

Also, if it is the phone and you need to replace it, you should get a new SIM card (for free) from Apple and they will get it set up for you.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
A suggestion for people with a similar issue, don't ask for a new SIM card, instead ask tell them you want to use the eSIM on the phone. This will save you from what T-Mobile charges for a new SIM card and will also allow you to put in a second SIM card if (for example, while traveling) you want/need a second line or for data.

They said I was using my eSIM but I wasn’t. It was a complete mess. Maybe this will work for someone else though. I’m just happy my phone is now working without any issues.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
They said I was using my eSIM but I wasn’t. It was a complete mess. Maybe this will work for someone else though. I’m just happy my phone is now working without any issues.

Well, that is just silly. At that point, you remove the SIM card and show that there is no account associated with the phone without the SIM. It is sad that so many people that work in carrier stores (regardless of the carrier) know far less than people who post on this forum.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77