Turning off such things doesn’t really change a thing at all.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I’ve been testing my battery usage for a full day use. I did the exact same thing I watched from Youtube videos like, turning off Background app refresh, turning off Siri suggestions, remove widgets, turn off Location services and other stuff that drains the battery faster. What I’m saying is, the result is the same even if I dont turn off those settings. What do you think?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Turning those settings off will make a negligible difference at best in my opinion. The best things you can do to maximize battery life are turning down your display brightness and using WiFi whenever possible.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Turning those settings off will make a negligible difference at best in my opinion. The best things you can do to maximize battery life are turning down your display brightness and using WiFi whenever possible.

Exactly.

I keep my screen brightness on auto but unfortunately I have to use LTE when at work because our wifi is that horrible. I still end the day (11 pm-ish) with at least 20%-40% battery (7+) so I'm really not complaining.

Last edited:

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I only got 8hrs of usage (screen on time) from 19hrs standby, 100 to 1% (moderate use). All settings are in default (like a new setup phone). So it’s basically the same. I’m not gonna turn off those settings again.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
Guys do I need a factory reset? Or is it just the 11.4 update? My battery only lasts for 7 hrs screen on time. Normally, I can get up to 9. I don’t use Youtube app. Just texting, social media apps and nothing more.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys do I need a factory reset? Or is it just the 11.4 update? My battery only lasts for 7 hrs screen on time. Normally, I can get up to 9. I don’t use Youtube app. Just texting, social media apps and nothing more.

7 to 9 SoT is normal. There is nothing wrong with that.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I expected much higher than 7hrs.

Well, can’t argue with that. Hopefully in the near future there will be a different type of power source for electronics that allow for longer SoT. For now this is what we’ll have to take for granted.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
Well, can’t argue with that. Hopefully in the near future there will be a different type of power source for electronics that allow for longer SoT. For now this is what we’ll have to take for granted.

I’ll just observe this again. If I get maybe 8hrs then I’ll be satisfied. Thanks!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’ll just observe this again. If I get maybe 8hrs then I’ll be satisfied. Thanks!

Well here are some extra stuff you can adjust for longer SoT:
-make sure you have ‘While in use’ selected for all apps in Location Services
-in Email, if Push is not available, make sure to select hourly instead of 15 or 30 minutes for Fetch New Data
-Disable Unlimited Uploads in Cellular Data for Photos if this was enabled

These are the ones I could come up with for now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Make adjustments to these above all else. Background App Refresh and Bluetooth do not use much battery.