Troubleshooting Network Lockups

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
My 12 ProMax regularly locks up (freezes) with no network access - all bars/wifi shows strong signal, but opening SpeedTest shows that it's waiting for a network connection, which comes back in 30-90 seconds. The phone is fully operational but there's just no network. Needless to say, it's extremely frustrating, especially when I need something quick.

I have a ton of apps, most of which I don't use regularly and I suspect it's one of them. I also have a lot of email accounts, but I don't think the mail app is the cause. I also use my phone for work email and have MaaS360 installed, but I deleted that and wiped corporate email from my phone and the problem was still there.

What I am considering doing to troubleshoot is one of the following and wanted to solicit advice on which would be best:

Option 1) Restore to factory default and add apps as necessary and then see if/when problem comes back and notice which apps were recently installed.

Option 2) Just start deleting apps and see if the problem goes away when all unnecessary apps are deleted. The issue with this is what if the problem is in app data or some remnant that doesn't get wiped when the app is deleted.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I would try removing all traces of your employer’s Mobile Device Management software. That can reconfigure your network settings.

Then, I would remove any VPN software and settings. Because those will redirect your network traffic.

If that does not solve it, I would start completely fresh, knowing that all locally saved settings and data will be erased.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Before you restore to factory, you might try Reset All Settings first. That works for many issues. If not, then do a restore. But, be sure to restore as new, and not from a back up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855