Top 5 Jailbreak Applications

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
SBSettings, backgrounder + multitasking app (proswitcher or kirikae), universal search, lock calendar, 3G unrestrictor, qtweeter, AppBackup, PkgBackup...

sickchilly

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Backgrounder with ProSwitcher
2. Firewall iP
3. Auto Profiles Manager
4. SBsettings
5. LockInfo
6. Action Menu
7. Siphon
8. SMS Helper
9. SMSNotify
10. StatusNotifier
11. Sleep To Lock
12. PushMod
13. ReflectiveDock
14. Lockscreen Dim Delay
15. Five Icon Dock
16. wigglefree

Yeah, I like the tweaks!

greyfell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
iRealSMS new release 3.0 Rocks!
IntelliScreen
MyWi
Backgrounder

Cannot live without these apps.

+1 irealsms 3.0

also:

insomnia(!!! this is crucial)
proswitcher
statusnotifier 3.0
compiled adhosts (i-phone-home.blogspot.com)
flashlight (on the bigboss repo. sets phone to max brightness which none of the app store lights can do)

and of course sbsettings, openssh, backgrounder, etc.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
In keeping with not mentioning previous top 5 lists...

safari download manager with ifile
MyWi
proswitcher
5 icon dock
lock calendar
safari tab closer

kingoftowns

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
1. Backgrounder
2. SBSettings
3. GV Mobile
4. Pro Switcher
5. Siphon

cant wait for v2 of GV Mobile to come out, everything on that list i use daily and love!

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Backgrounder
3G Unrestrictor
MyWi
iFile - I use it to edit the csidata file to lock the phone to 3G
LockInfo - Mainly for the history of push notifications and calendar appointments.

Last edited:

kbduvall

Aug 19, 2009
www.duvalltech.com
SBSettings + Rotation Inhibitor
Backgrounder + Kirikae
iBlacklist (You can continue using it free indefinitely just without multiple lists)
Quick Reply for SMS
Stacks V3
Five Icon Dock
Safari Download Manager
iFile
Haptic Vibration

croush

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
In no particular order:

1. Rotation Inhibitor, for those awkward viewing angles.

2. BossPaper, which allows for some basic theming (hide icon labels, format dock, wallpaper with rotate option), at a much lighter load than WinterBoard. Excellent for those of us who don't want to go crazy with the themes and subsequent lag, but are tired of the boring black and silver motif.

3. Flashlight. I know it seems silly, but why pay for a flashlight app that barely works? This one is much, much better as it adjusts brightness automatically.

4. MemTool, for advanced process viewing and a quick memory cleanup. I'm not sure how much it actually helps, but I've never had any trouble with it.

5. WeatherIcon plugin for LockInfo. Very nice to see weather on the lock screen.

Also, and one of my favorites (I forgot it because I see it so often it doesn't occur to me it's jailbreak-only): Lock Calendar. Lightweight, customizable, simple. Love, love, love it.

Last edited:

conedude13

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
below are the apps that i can no longer live without on my phone. i didn't go with a limit of 5 since i just wanted to let you know what i have rocking on my phone and just figured you would take the most popular apps out of the replies.

Action Menu- LOVE the favorites menu part!!

Proswitcher

five-column springboard & ...
fiveiRows for a 5x5 screen with...
Stack- for a whole ton more apps on the bottom springboard (attempting to attach a pic for a sample of the 5x5 with stack v3)

lock calendar- i've tried lockinfo but prefer the customization of this one and i really just need the calendar on the lock screen. i prefer to dig more deeper into the weather for my area (weather chan max ftw!) and there is already a clock, and i use mQuickDo with Status Notifier for sms, email, missed calls and voice mail notifications.

mQuickDo- i actually have most features turned off since proswitcher does a better job with background apps. but the shortcuts to apps on the lock screen?!?!? PRICELESS!!! (i have camera, sms, email, settings & installous short cuts) with the shortcuts you can just press and it unlocks the phone and goes right to that app!! it ROCKS! and i have 2 kids so the camera is a MUST for precious moments!

redLaser- still have the original beta cydia version :p (i just feel that the official apple version is slower and has bugs)

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the long list...but these all work soooo GREAT!!!

-Quick Reply SMS
-SBSettings
-Winterboard
-Backgrounder
-My3G
-Font Swap
-Cylay(Tracks my iPhone and lets me remotely control it from my PC incase its lost/ stolen)
-Make it Mine
-Lockdown(lets me lock any apps i have with a passcode)
-PdaNet
-Reminder
-flashlight(JB Version)
-Reminder
-LockInfo
-Cydelete(lets you delete JB apps right off the SB like app store apps..time saver!!)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77