Tons of Apple Watches listed wrong on eBay ?!

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I was looking for an Apple Watch Series 1 on eBay, and I was checking all differences between Series 1 and 1st gen.

The most difference between Series 1 and 1st gen is clear to see, because you can check just by looking to the box.
The Series 1 comes in a smaller box, and it doesn't open from the top, but from the side...?
I can find tons of Apple Watches listed as Series 1, eBay UK, US ...

So people are buying Watches thinking it's other model, and also, if I sell a 1st gen isn't fair to make the same price as a Series 1 seller.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If you want results from this search, just search MP032B/A at eBay.
I found this problem today because I purchased one TODAY, and the title says "Series 1", details says "MP032B/A" and the box is too big to be the Series 1... I asked the seller to check the back of the watch, "Series 1" or not.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The problem is Apple nomenclature and people's inability to know what they're talking about.

Apple has the:

Apple Watch
Apple Watch Series 1
Apple Watch Series 2
Apple Watch Series 3
and various Apple Watch Editions

Some people insist on calling the Apple Watch (1st Generation) Series 0. There is no such Series and some people have trouble finding it. Duh.

Some people want to use the Apple Model number (A1553, A1554, A1757, etc.) that are seldom seen in print outside of Apple inventory labels. Good luck trying to match a number like that to a model of Watch. Everyone selling a Watch should post a pic of the back of the Watch and the end of the box with all the model info.

How many 'mismatch' pics and descriptions of Watches show a more expensive Watch for sale than what it's claimed to be, i.e. selling an Apple Watch Series 2 as an Apple Watch at an Apple Watch price.

While it's possible that someone has made an innocent mistake one way or the other, I imagine there are a lot of people hoping that the casual buyer won't know the difference, even when they get the Watch.

I'm a little jaded and cynical when it comes to eBay. Not that nobody should buy from them; you just have to Watch your 6.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The problem is Apple nomenclature and people's inability to know what they're talking about.

Apple has the:

Apple Watch
Apple Watch Series 1
Apple Watch Series 2
Apple Watch Series 3

All they need to do is type the model which is in the box. Example:
For apple watch 1st gen : MJ3T2B/A
for apple watch series 1 : MP032B/A
But this model isn't in eBay system.

This is a eBay system's problem.
When you're selling, you type "Apple Watch" and eBay shows you a list and this list doesn't include 1st gen Watch:
Captura de ecrã 2017-10-22, às 12.09.26.png

I really want report this to eBay, but isn't easy.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Apple has the:

Apple Watch
Apple Watch Series 1
Apple Watch Series 2
Apple Watch Series 3

Some people insist on calling the Apple Watch (1st Generation) Series 0. There is no such Series and some people have trouble finding it. Duh.

Some people want to use the Apple Model number (A1553, A1554, A1757, etc.) that are seldom seen in print outside of Apple inventory labels. Good luck trying to match a number like that to a model of Watch. Everyone selling a Watch should post a pic of the back of the Watch and the end of the box with all the model info.

How many 'mismatch' pics and descriptions of Watches show a more expensive Watch for sale than what it's claimed to be, i.e. selling an Apple Watch Series 2 as an Apple Watch at an Apple Watch price.

While it's possible that someone has made an innocent mistake one way or the other, I imagine there are a lot of people hoping that the casual buyer won't know the difference, even when they get the Watch.

I'm a little jaded and cynical when it comes to eBay. Not that nobody should buy from them; you just have to Watch your 6.

Apple Watch your 6? Is that a new model? :p

iphone fan

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I had this happen to me I was looking for a series one bid one up and won then noticed on the back that it didn’t say series 1. The seller ended up saying he will give it to me for half so I got an original Apple Watch Sport for $54 so in my case it really worked out but people need to be careful when bidding on these

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang