TiPb Birthday Bash: Win a mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack/Case for iPhone 3G!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
This is exactly what I need for those long days away from my home office. I work 2-3 days a week at an outer office. This outer office has no computer and my cell phone is my only phone. Yes, those are issues I want my company to address ASAP, but in the meantime, I use my iPhone for everything. Although I have a car charger and Griffin TuneJuice, there are many days when those just don't cut it. I need more power, but not a dongle like the TuneJuice. There have been many days when I simply can't make it a whole day, and i have to make the 45 minute drive home with no phone at all. Since then, I've taken steps to increase the battery life on those days, but the Mophie JuicePack would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Please, pick me. Please?

iPodTouchUser

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm a high school student, and I use my iPod for managing/keeping up with lots of stuff. I use it to call people and text because my parents don't believe in paying for expensive cell phone bills (lucky me). Most of all, I get car pooled home with a very, very, very strange kid. The drive is 40 minutes, when my iPod dies, I get very scared being in the car with him (he stares at you, but does not talk....ever). If I had the Morphie Juice Pack Battery, maybe I wouldn't be scared all the time and I might even better grades (wouldn't it feel good to help a kid out?).

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I need it because I can hardly get though the day without plugging my phone twice. I gotta hurry and type this my phone is actually during right now.But if I got this it would really help and maybe I won't have to plug my phone in 2-3 times a day.So please this would really help me.

skahtul

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Surgical resident deperate for a few more hours!

Surgical gown...scalpel...and iPhone. Three indispensable tools of the surgical resident. My day kicks off at 4:30 am when I wake up to the "alarm" sound blaring from my phone. Immediately, I check my e-mail for any updates on my patients and then jump in the shower. Then it's on to the car where I hook up the trusty 3G and put on some podcasts or music (occasionally streaming NPR if I'm feeling cultured). On the walk in to the hospital I jump onto our hospital's wifi and check the surgical schedule. After jotting down some notes on the phone during rounds, it's off to the OR. Sadly, there is no signal in my OR so gotta hook up the Skype to keep in touch with my fellow residents. Oh yeah, and what would surgery be without some tunes courtesy of my 3G. Got different playlists for each one of my bosses. Lunch gives me some time to catch up on my twitter feeds and clear out my inbox. Then it's off to clinic where I use my phone as a drug reference, vision chart, medical dictionary, translator, and example of the type of sound machine that can help my patients with ringing in their ears (I'm an ENT resident). After getting out of the hospital around 10 pm, I use maps to call that sushi place I can never remember the name of and then it's back home to chill and try to finish Myst and get in some Wolfenstein. After texting my chief resident to found out when rounds are the next morning, I start up Ambience to go to sleep and then wake up to the blaring alarm the next morning ready to do it all again...courtesy of my 3G. Please help a poor surgery resident fit in a little more music, games, and youtube in his day among all these other more noble needs.

seattledripdrops

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I need this for baseball games. I do the scoring at the Seattle Mariners games and I use a paper score book and an iPhone app so I can send out a mass email. I like to sit in a location without a plug for my charger. Baseball games can run from 2-4 hours on average. Between innings I go to check all my tweets, emails, and texts that I receive about the game. So my battery is always dead by the time the game is finished and I have to find a quick charge in a food stand or run to the press box. Please consider me as a winner. Thanks

Thndrct619

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Juice up an old friend

Okay, the reason I feel i need the mophie Juice Pack 3G is not for me but for my iPhone, George. You see ever since I brought home my bundle of joy George the iPhone home from the Apple Store he has never left my side. I still remember holding him for the first time, not knowing exactly how to do it, scared that I would drop him. He grew up so fast filling up on Apps constantly quickly getting to 9 pages. But you see the time has come when George just isn't his old self. He does not have the energy he once had and He can't do the things he used to like Push Notification and Wifi all the time. He has become dim to try and save his energy for when I need him most. What I am asking you guys for is to consider my old friend and help JUICE him up. I know this would be just what he needs to keep him going for many years to come!

Thanks for you consideration... and thanks for the opportunity for all this great contest.

And Happy Birthday !!!

mjoliver79

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Need a Morphie Juice Pack

As a graduate student with a 60 mile commute, I am constantly using my iPhone, as an iPod listening to lectures/podcasts, studying for the GREs with a great Vocab app, listening to MLB at Bat 2009, playing games, reading TiPb on Google Reader!

I'm actually going to the Philippines as part of a requirement for my Masters in a few weeks, and on a 25+ hr flight this Morphie Juice Pack would be phenomenal!

Overall, a juice pack would make me a more effective, functional, and refreshed grad student.

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone is dead 24/7 due to my wife's obsession with Sudoku and Diner Dash. I usually have to beg her for a turn. I offered to get her one, but she won't consider it. (Why would she? She has mine.)

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I need...

I would love this Mophie Juice Pack, not because I use my iPhone anymore than anyone else here, but because my day is so much longer. I wake up at 4:30a, get ready and head out the door. My iPhone has no access to a power source until I come home late that night. In the meantime, I am receiving email, listening to music, browsing the web and the app store, and utilizing GPS. A juice pack like this would reduce the need for me to conserve the battery all of the time. Since I need my phone to receive work emails and calls, I sometimes choose not to listen to music or browse the web when I want to so that I can conserve that power. I'd love an external battery pack!!

spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I work the pm shift at my job. I am a heavy user of my iPhone, music mail and safari.
Since baseball started i have been listening to the games using the mlb at bat app. This smokes the battery to nothing and makes it useless to even have this app, since i cannot have a dead battery at work with no way to charge it. I have a wife and 2 small kids at home, so i need "juice" for my phone. then maybe i can listen to my beloved baseball games.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my entry

kidcisco76

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Mophie Juice Pack

My battery is constantly running out because I am always surfing the web, checking my email, looking at crazy videos on youtube, and forgetting to charge my phone. This Mophie Juice Pack sounds amazing!

macpug

May 8, 2009
Visit site
This would be awesome for several reasons. I had to quit a great job because of health issues. I'm trying to work as a freelance graphic designer and consultant, so I am constantly traveling to clients and showing them mock-ups, proposals, etc. I find myself constantly recharging during the day. The worst thing in the world is to have a dead battery in the middle of a proposal (which happened the other day).

It would have been nice to have this a couple weeks ago when I had a health crisis and the car stopped in a desolate area. I was able to call my mate, but didn't have enough juice in the phone to tell her exactly where I was before the phone died. Since the car wouldn't start, I didn't have charger power either. I sat on the side of the road for over an hour because of a dead battery and when they finally found me, I was nearly comatose. Great medical professionals took care of me, but a Mophie that day would have been great! It would have cut down on the time it took my mate to find me, and might have even been a real life saver! Great product. If I don't win one, I'll buy one for sure.

DieselBT

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Saving the world with an iPhone is a tough job. It drains the batteries down in mere hours, especially with the ray-gun plugin. GPS and Google Earth also drains the battery something fierce... But when you have to put on a cape and fly to trouble spots to make things right as a JOB, like I do, you need it!

Rednaks

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
i totally need it because I cant find it anywhere where I life xD
And because I need the extra energy badly: when I wake up at 5am everymorning I use my phone the whole day in my school to:
-in the bus ride (1hour) - save me from loud childrens (ipod function)
-check the mail my girlfriend wrote me over night (distance relationsship)
-answer them
-survive boring lessons
-have fun
-lots of other things (im too busy at the moment - learning for exams)

It would be a great thing to win xD so count me in (I have a postal address in the US)

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Posting

I need the juicepack because I never know who will be using my iphone, and where it might be found...the other day I found my almost-three year old playing armado on the toilet!

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Being mobile I great. Sometimes it's just really hard to charge.
I gtabbmy full charged iPhone of the charger at 6am. First stop is the gym for and hour. Of course during that time music is bumping for the whole hour of my workout. Then it is off to work. Depending on job location I have a 15-20 drive where I can charge my iPhone a bit.

Being in a construction/service based
job I have to leave 3G on to check emails, proposals and new leads. Most times while on the phone with the client

I get new leads and their location needs to be verified via GOOGLEMAPS. so of course GPS needs to stay on because I work in different areas on the daily.
My phone is usually down to the 20% marker by 11am.

This in turn forces me to a early lunch and plugging my phone in on the car charger. -Posted from my iPhone. More after my my fingers get a break

SullyC

May 8, 2009
Visit site
This is really essential for heavy iPhone users like me. My iPhone is becoming the replacement for my MacBook Pro (which I need for serial console connections to Cisco devices).

Crritter996

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Girlfriend

You see I had one of these units that I used very oftin. My girlfriend borrowed it without my permission and when she came home work on Tuesday she forgot to bring it in from the car. That same night someone broke into the apartment complex and then into her car stealing the Mophie juice pack and everything else that was not screwed down. Now I must replace it. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.