TiPb Birthday Bash: Win a mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack/Case for iPhone 3G!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthwestWill

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Dear TiPb,

Happy birthday. Best of luck blowing out the candle on your Zippo app!

---Begin dramatic theme music---
I am professing my desire to help you find a loving home for the mophie Juice Pack 3G. I am employed at a university full-time as the sole television and video engineer for our Mass Communication program (A job that I LOVE but it involves a LOT of work and stress dealing with students, two radio stations, a television station, newspaper and yearbook organizations, and an online news magazine... but working in education doesn't exactly bring down the big $$). On top of that workload I am also a graduate student studying to become a full-time teacher. My typical day mean jumping refreshed from between the sheets (Read: falling from the mattress in a pile of sub-humanity after reaching for my iPhone alarm clock) to jog into work before the 8AM classes get rolling. Throughout the day I use my beloved iPhone to monitor our Xserves, keep an eye on our labs, and manage my student employees via dozens of text messages and emails. In fact, I have cancelled my office voicemail and I have message that reroutes callers to leave an email as the quickest route to contact me anywhere (thanks iPhone!). I an typically on-campus until 10 or 11 at night working with student television programs, training sessions, leading our independent filmmakers club, or sitting in my grad classes sneaking RSS updates from the web on my phone.

I also travel on behalf of the university doing research, recruiting, and training seminars. Although I am a MAC ADDICT I have to travel without my Mac to stay light. It is on these trips that my iPhone and I bond like two characters in a Pixar buddy-flick.... but not all is bliss. There are times when the iPhone 'bromance' become a Romeo-and-Juilet star-crossed scenario... as the battery wanes and we are forced to steal brief glances at each-other as time wastes away... getting just enough 3G airtime to checkin online for my flight home. As my iPhone breaths its last gasping low-voltage breaths I secure a seat NOT next to the 400lb circus woman seated in seat 12c. When it comes to my phone and I, I become The Infatuate; much like 'The Graduate, but with less Dustin Hoffman and old-woman hot flashes, and more me and flash memory...

Oh TiPb, will you rush to the aid of my beloved and much-used iPhone and I before our next trip or late-night class plunges a dagger into the heart of our silicon-chip romance?

Keep it rocking guys! Happy Birthday!
-Will Murphy

Deathscaller

Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
Having this battery pack/case could greaty improve my iPhone experience. First my day starts out with me waking up checking my myspace facebook rss reader and my bejive IM app. Once I get in school I'm constantly IM'in/texting or surfing the web like now. Then after school me and my band practices and my singer is constantly looking up lyrics. By the time I'm home my battery is practicly gone and has died on me often while on a conversation with my gf. And on the weekend I'm practicly never home so I have to use edge =/. So pretty much what I'm saying is having this battery pack would help me out alot.

dypeterc

May 7, 2009
Visit site
i NEED a mophie juice pack because the iphone battery won't last on 3+ hrs on the trail while gps tracking with trailguru. i'm an avid mountain biker and use trailguru as a training tool keeping track of distance, elevation, speed, pace, etc. basically, i can't get through a whole training session on a full charge.

jhetzel

Dec 16, 2001
Visit site
Recently at I was at the Detroit Red Wing Playoff Game and I was uploading pictures throughout the game to friends and family to share the experience. Unfortunately coverage was spotty at the arena and my battery drained quickly. After 3 hours my once full battery was near flat and I faced an hour and half long commute home. The Mophie would have been an ideal solution giving me piece of mind and time to get through the day....

cincodemayo1

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Why I need a mophie...

Sure, just like everyone else here, I use my phone constantly at work to check and fetch email, listen to internet radio, download new apps, etc., but my iPhone has become so much apart of my life that I'm genuinely sad when it's drained and dead by the end of the day. I'm constantly snapping photos, checking Facebook and Google Maps is my cars navigation system. But on top of all of that, I travel from Los Angeles to Miami more often than I want to admit, and the 5 hour plane ride (not to mention the hour or two of waiting time prior to boarding) eats my phone's battery alive. The 5 hour flights can be grueling, and I can't sleep on a plane for the life of me, so I'm usually watching at least a movie or two, playing games, listening or watching podcasts, pretty much doing anything to forget the fact that I'm on a plane. The worst part though is that once my plane lands, my battery is either dead or at 10% and it's usually at least an hour or two until I get to my destination and plug my phone in for a recharge. So all that said, I really do NEED a mophie!

GMTZII#CB

May 7, 2009
Visit site
The main reason i need one not because i want it my day start at 8 am by 2 pm most of the juice is gone by 5 if am lucky i get 20 % i take bus on the way back home so if am lucky i get home and charge my phone in my job they dont allow us to charge the phone so i cant really waste time during the day because will be waste of charge so i guess this accesory will be perfect for me .

3dguy

May 7, 2009
Visit site
mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack/Case for iPhone 3G! contest

Hi,I'm new here and I travel alot. so number one my iphone's battery dies after a plane ride or extended time of use! This would be great, because I would be able to use iphone as a phone, music player and MAYBE a video player!

ktdw

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
I've been needing to buy this for a while, so I'm thrillled at the chance to win one!

Like most of us, the battery life on my iphone is insufficient with normal use. Since I'm always on the go, I have to constantly dock my iphone at every opportunity. This is very inconvenient, yet still manageable.

However, I also have a 7-yr old girl who "shares" my iphone. Unfortunately, my little girl has not yet mastered the art of battery management and has also been disapointed more than a few times when there just isn't enough juice. Imagine the look of disapointment when a child cannot finish watching her Spongebob video. If that doesn't work, imagine her parents' look of depair after realizing that we are in a nice restaurant and entries have not yet been served.

I need the Mophie Juice Pack! ....Or a second iphone, but that's for another contest :)

kjchipmunk

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm one of the lucky ones that got Netshare (iphone tethering program) when it was up for a day. When using it to watch a netflix movie or if a couple people are using the connection it drains the battery faster than it can charge it. The iPhone is plugged in the whole time too. I usually have to stop using the internet before i'm ready to stop to let the phone charge backup. The mophie would give me plenty of surf time.

Secondly I travel from Portland Oregon to Boston Mass for work and I have to be careful how much I use the phone for entertainment on the flight. I usually end up with a near dead battery by the time I get to the hotel.

Looks like Mophie would be a great addition for me.

Korey

zoadic

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Need Pack

In the summer months I ride my bicycle, self-supported, throughout the country. This summer I'll be taking the train from St. Louis to Chicago, where I'll bike to Lake Itasca in Minnesota, and from there I'll follow the Mississippi back to St. Louis. I'll also be biking across Iowa with the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI). In past treks--for example, last summer from St. Louis to Durango, Colorado--I've used a solar charger for my iPhone, which sometimes worked, or I've bumbed power outlets during rest stops in small towns. But it always seemed that late in night, in my tent in Wherever, USA, I had to shut down my iPhone because power was almost nil. The juice pack would be a great addition to my gear this summer. I could depend upon it for power most of the time, use my solar charger during low power moments, and every two days or so charge the pack fully. My wife would also be happy in that I could more often keep in touch with her.

StephenHerron

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I need one, because...

When I'm traveling internationally (back to the UK a couple of times a year), it's really convenient to have that extra juice for watching movies on the plane, and for when I'm nowhere near my plug converter.

trentandrews

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
My starts before my kids get up, and I head off to work. I sent texts and call my kids when they get up, and after school. Some of the texts I use are to help with their homework.

mcswan

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
I had purchased a iPod/iPhone charger and it turned out not to work as advertised, and it was a Duracell! I had used my iPhone with the knowledge that I had an external power source ready.

Man, was I ever left high and dry!

:(

Awhatnot

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Oh I need that!!! I love to listen to Pandora, but the company I work for doesn't allow WiFi or streaming over the desktop units. On top of that I only have edge and no 3G at my desk. It drains the battery in record time, about an hour or two tops! I need the music to limit how crazy I get. This woulld help soo much!

Oh and this would help so much when I go away with my family and I want to use Ambiance to help clam my 6 month old daughter to sleep. Especiality when I can't get to a charger!

Thanks!

Last edited:

s_mamdani

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I work 300 miles from where I live, so I have to drive 5 hours every friday and sunday. Then, during the week, I have a 3 hour driving commute total every day. And I got married less than 6 months ago and I like being able to talk with my wife for more than the meager 30 minutes of battery life I have left after all that. So please, send me some love and some juice

habdelra

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
There are definitely some really good ones in this forum

Wow there are a few really good posts from people that need a mophie more deserving than I, but I will throw my hat in the ring nonetheless.
I do a lot of air travel for business, and I cannot stand watching movies on the airplane. Usually it's a CRT that is all messed up and tinted in the wrong color + the audio is tinny and the EQ is all off or it's an LCD directly above my head and i strain my neck trying to watch it. I've recked so many good movie experiences by watching movies on the plane. Now I watch movies on my iphone. It is much more pleasurable, audio is second to none. Plus I can play games too to pass the time. However, I usually run out of juice midway through the flight and am then relegated to the crappy movie on the aforementioned messed up CRT screen... Please keep me a happy traveler!

-Hassan

kritter217

May 6, 2009
Visit site
For the sake of my sanity, I need the Juice Pack!

I am not a lawyer, a high powered executive or a stock trader. I am not ?important?, ?famous? or even ?infamous?. What I am is a Mom. Before iPhone I had no life. My life was spent in a frantic plate spinning type of pandemonium attempting to keep track of the schedule of two teen girls and a husband. It was spent in endless hours in the car chauferring to and from various activities, sports, appointments and events. It was spent in waiting rooms spending hours too numerous to count watching endless sports practices and events, waiting for the doctor, the dentist, the orthodontist. In this whirlwind, ?I? was lost. iPhone has given me my ?I? back! Now, my calendar, contacts, Maps and Evernote organize my life for me. I always know where I am, where I?ve been, where I am going and how to get there. In the car I am now entertained! I can listen to iTunes or Pandora radio (and, trust me, when driving to scintillating locations such as Peoria, Illinois this alone has been a lifesaver). In the waiting rooms, instead of being bored for hours on end, I can enrich myself and read books on Kindle, view ?how-tos? and catch up on current world events. I can plan my shopping trips, email my friends, check Facebook or play a game. iPhone has made my life so much better. But, just as all good things must come to an end, so, too, must my iPhone battery. Sadly, as reliable as my iPhone is, it also is strained to its limit by 18 hour days of endless running. There is nothing more devastating than gloriously sitting in a waiting room filled with rambunctious kids, and sometimes even more rambunctious parents, happily keeping myself occupied in a juicy eBook, when suddenly the ?ding? happens and I realize that MY BATTERY IS GOING TO DIE! :eek: TiPB, please don?t let this happen! iPhone has restored the ?I? to my life which was previously being sucked dry by the needs of others. iPhone gives me entertainment, direction, instruction, connection, enrichment and organization ? iPhone has restored my sanity! I need the Mophie Juice Pack!

grace

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
man my battery's almost dead by the time i get home from school every day. i have ridiculously long breaks between classes and the phone is the only way i keep my sanity!

ultraman sfo

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm up to Level 18 on Zombieville USA. If I start on a Zombie-killing crusade, I have to make sure I have almost a full battery. Sure, I could pause the game but that would break my Zombie-killing rhythm and potentially kill any Zombie-killing-run. On a recent 1 hour flight, I died on Level 15 but didn't have enough battery left to start another crusade. Comparing the stats, if I had a Mophie Juice Pack for my iPhone 3g, in theory I could get to Level 40 and amass a kill count of over 1200 Zombies!

ew_deathscythe

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
This will allow my gaming, surfing the net, emailing, and chatting to go on longer then ever.. i live on the iphone.. this will boost my ability to use this phone 2 times longer then usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost