Timer with Messages on iPad Screen possible?

Mislav Luka

May 6, 2019
Visit site
Dear Fellow Apple Customers,

i want to find an On-Screen Timer (working similar to the assistive touch, which is always visible), which sends automatic messages when a certain point of time is reached.
I have 12 iPads which are running with Apple School Manager, Apple Classroom and Zuludesk.
A want to use the app for commercial reasons in the education sector.
The idea is as follows:
I (Teacher) give the students a task which they need to accomplish in a certain amount of time on their iPads (iOS 12).
I want to start the timer on the students' iPads simultaniously via my Master iPad.
This timer should be visible on the students' iPads during the whole task (for example as a timer icon in a corner of the screen, like the Assistive Touch icon). When a certain amount of time is exceeded (p.a. 10 minutes) the timer should send out a message how much time is left and to hurry up.
I researched for timer apps, which have this function and are visible on the screen while handling the iPad but couldn't find any.
My second guess is, that there may be parental control apps, which allow to do this.
I would be so so grateful for some tips and hints.

Kind regards,
Mislav

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I’ve never come across a feature like your describing unless you jailbreak the devices but an external egg timer might work

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of, BUT that sounds like a great idea for a 3rd party app. Might want to try googling around? Or perhaps check the education section of the App store?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Many have wanted this for years. Apple simply doesn't allow it. There's apps that will schedule a text for later, but you still have to tap send at that time.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can see the benefits of this. I give practice tests to groups of students on paper. If we were to switch to a digital format, which is probably going to happen in the near future, I can see how this would be a great feature.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travishoang