third party apps in iPhone

IuliaGz

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
i have some friends that have bought an android phone that was having pre-installed apps by the wireless carrier, those app are about music and navigation.
with those app they can have free music and add free navigation if they also purchase internet services from them.

the problem is that the Iphone does not allow third-party apps to be pre-installed by the wireless carriers.

who has also faced similar problems?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Apple doesn't mess around. The only apps that I know of that can be installed is in the App Store Third party apps have to be authorized by apple. If they are authorized then they will be in the App Store.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I've been on Verizon since the days of GTE Wireless. Many Verizon Android phones that I've gotten over the years have had pre-installed Verizon apps on them. For years you couldn't get rid of them. Except for two apps they were all pretty much useless. The same for me goes for most Samsung pre-installed apps. I always shut down and when possible, uninstall the apps. Samsung makes beautiful phones. They need to get out of software and keep building great hardware. Verizon needs to get out of software and build a great network. Both though will continue to dabble in software as they see it as potential cash flow. Samsung may succeed since they have also have been working on their own OS (Tizen). Verizon keeps buying what looks like down and out companies (AOL, Yahoo, etc.). That is just my experience.
One reason to switch to Apple is the lack of pre-installed crap.

My answer to the last sentence of the original post is that no pre-installed apps is not a problem at all. Then again this is just my personal opinion.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
The only pre installed apps from apple are the ones that you can't uninstall. At least I don't think you can. Maybe some of them but I don't you can get rid of all of them.

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
i have some friends that have bought an android phone that was having pre-installed apps by the wireless carrier, those app are about music and navigation.
with those app they can have free music and add free navigation if they also purchase internet services from them.

the problem is that the Iphone does not allow third-party apps to be pre-installed by the wireless carriers.

who has also faced similar problems?

yeah, listening for some music for free is awesome but bear in mind that the wireless carriers can get some of your personal data as google and many other companies are doing.
furthermore, having some pre installed apps from wireless carriers many times (as some other people have said) does not give you the possibility to uninstall them, especially in the Android devices. so, iPhone has its advantages over Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53