Theme: BlackStatusIcons

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

lbsfinest

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you try just using Winterboard? I believe most of the images have the same name still (for the changes visit this thread: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38330/6.1_statusbar_imgs.zip ; you shouldn't need to find the status bars, just enable the theme in winterboard. MacThemes Forum • View topic - iOS 6 New, Changed and Relocated Images (Ask here!)

activated the theme, but had to download solidstatusbarfix from cydia to get the time in black..but its the only thing in the status bar thats in black. activating Solid Status Bar in winterboard doesn't work at all.

i think i can get the other status bar icons in black with some work but it doesn't look right with a transparent status bar...and obviously it doesn't fit when i open an app and the status bar is black

Last edited:

lbsfinest

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
...did you follow that link I put up to check the file names for the status bar images? Seems like you'll need to rename some. I'll take a look today but I'm guessing you just need to rename them.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I opened the folder linked to above and compared it to the theme. And indeed it seems like all you need to do is open the theme and change the file names so that wherever it says "ColorOnGrayShadow" to "WhiteOnBlackShadow", which I just did. New theme zip is attached here.

BUT bear in mind that this will probably look awful--the entire reason I did this theme is gone, because Apple no longer uses the colored status bar icons on the silver bar that I wanted to replace. Additionally, they now use a different status bar that doesn't really work with black icons. So if you use this now you'll end up with icons you can see whenever you have a black status bar.

In other words I would not use my own theme on iOS 6, and don't recommend anyone else do so either. But if you'd like to try, here it is:
View attachment BlackStatusIconsIOS6.zip

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77