The Official Staying up Until Midnight for 3.0 Thread.

Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

• Yes I can't wait

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • No I need my sleep.

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OptimisticMF

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Great, now instead of playing with my new Plantronics headset, which I got just for today, I have to sit here and click my screen like a monkey with a shock collar and a plate of cocaine?

Not an ideal experience, Apple...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Brick Mode. Everything went without a hitch. Cannot access the authorization service. (Can access the "store.") My phone is a brick. I do not know if this is server problem or a load problem but it is hard and it is serious. Do not know how to test for access to that server but if you attempt to update without that access, you will disable your phone.

adamscot

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Brick Mode. Everything went without a hitch. Cannot access the authorization service. (Can access the "store.") My phone is a brick. I do not know if this is server problem or a load problem but it is hard and it is serious. Do not know how to test for access to that server but if you attempt to update without that access, you will disable your phone.

can click on help in itunes and choose run diagnostics.

OptimisticMF

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
It should have gone out at midnight so idiots like me could have downloaded it and leveled out the demand. I hope they staffed up for today, it's not like they shouldn't have seen it coming...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
WTF!!! im trying to restore my phone... but it keeps saying that the Itunes store has timed out or something!!! :mad::mad:

It is not really the "store." It is the "authorization" service or server (iTunes does not know how to distinguish between the two.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
can click on help in itunes and choose run diagnostics.

Of course, it reports connectivity but that it cannot see the brick. It really can. It adds it to the device list, it will "eject" it, and it will attempt to authorize it when it is reconnected.

The service is still not available.

It would be nice to know whether the service is up, and this is a load problem (re-trying might help) or whether the service is down. Would be nice to know whether Apple even knows that there is a problem.

What do you want to bet that Apple is just a proxy for AT&T for this service?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo