The official OS 3.0 initial thoughts thread!

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
AT&T is on board with all the other phones. The issue here is the below market unlimited data rate of $30/month that Apple negotiated for you. AT&T does not block any of these services on phones where they get to charge the market rate, closer to $60/month.
That's not the "market rate" in the US. Sprint and T-Mobile are both certainly cheaper for unlimited data. I'm not sure what Verizon typically charges these days, but I suspect that it's no higher than $30.

silentninja87

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
How come the auto login option for wi fi dosent show up in the settings menu for me? Also the anti fraud setting for safari browser is not showing up in the settings menu either. Anyone else having these problems?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
The first thing I did was the"find my phone" feature and it worked perfectly.

The push notification for mail has moved into the mail, contacts & calender screen of settings. If the email client does not support push your only option is to fetch

my phone moves snappier too. As a matter of fact I have noticed that some of the animation has just stopped and the screen just appears out of nowhere. Knida disconcerting.

I also do not believe that verizon is getting an IPhone. And if it did perhaps it would only get the 3G. Is there a loophole with AT&T's exclusivity deal?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have a slowness with the landscape texting? My friend is having some pretty severe slowness since his update and isn't sure why. Any suggestions?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Anyone have a slowness with the landscape texting? My friend is having some pretty severe slowness since his update and isn't sure why. Any suggestions?

I haven't done much texting today(which is really weird),but I have been playing around with landscape keyboard in Notes. I'm just trying to get my speed up...but if anything it seems to be more responsive.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
i know the MMS feature is coming late summer from AT&T, but from I thought you could still attempt it with the new OS.. is that only with the 3G-S?.. I have the 3G and i don't see any MMS (picture text) features in the new OS..?

Manny04

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Push notification of what though? You need apps with push, for push. Something magically just doesnt happen. Be more precise, I'd love to help

I was asking earlier about the push notification for mail. I'm not getting it so I was wondering if anyone had it for the standard mail app. Thanks

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I was asking earlier about the push notification for mail. I'm not getting it so I was wondering if anyone had it for the standard mail app. Thanks

the mail app is the same as before, there is no new push notifications for it. it wil have push if you use a email account (mobileme, etc) that support push

Manny04

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
the mail app is the same as before, there is no new push notifications for it. it wil have push if you use a email account (mobileme, etc) that support push

That's probably one of the most retarded things I've heard about 3.0 thus far. Push notification... Except for mail. <3 apple!! Hopefully hotmail hooks it up

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
That's probably one of the most retarded things I've heard about 3.0 thus far. Push notification... Except for mail. <3 apple!! Hopefully hotmail hooks it up

a system like BIS that gives you push for any mail account would be sweet, but they came up with mobile me, so it will never happen because it would take away from mobile me.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
We've had push mail for quite some time!!????

Exchange mail pushes. Even mobile me does it. What's the big deal???!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Only thing I've noticed that I don;t like is I've been trying to sync my phone all day to get my music and apps back, but the backup itunes does first is taking forever, I ran it for 3 hours earlier and had to quite so I could use my phone, and it was only at about 30% after that!!:eek:

Anyone else notice this?

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Sim Swapping

So I'm a sim swapper. Didn't seem to be a big deal until now. I have an AT&T data plan for my BB and swap to sim to my iPhone for more fun on the late nights and weekends. Aparently AT&T is happy about it after the new 3.0 upgrade. I'm getting notification That my data can't be enabled because I don't have an iPhone data plan. Funny thing is they were the ones that told me it would work. Now I've got to call in and see if I can get them to turn the iPhone data on using by BB plan. I don't think the BB will work on the BES without the BB data plan. Can I jailbreak to over come this if I have to? It's not like I'm ripping AT&T both phones have the same data price and I can only use 1 at a time.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
We've had push mail for quite some time!!????

Exchange mail pushes. Even mobile me does it. What's the big deal???!

because your mail only gets pushed if you are using certain mail servers, unlikely blackberry that will push any mail...

many of us came from blackberrys and miss that feature...

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
In order to get the push York on all email systems you would have to have a central server running the show. That is blackberries greatest strength and it's greatest weakness. I think at the moment you'll just have to fetch or get an email service that pushes. Mobile me works great and comes with a whole host of extras: over the air syncing, find my phone and data storage. Even an online photo page and many more.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
i know that, my company has its own mail servers and mobile me would not cut it. so i use fetch. i just miss having my mail pushed thats all, its not a deal breaker or anything....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77