The age old question, screen protector or not?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Even the most clear protector, still looks horrible compared to a naked display. Defeats the whole purpose of a quality display.
To each their own, I forget mine is on there now and then, except for the scratch that's on it now from sharing a pocket with my keys on accident when I was trying to do too much at once.

tinybfk

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
No protector. I have AppleCare plus and will be getting a leather apple case like my last 3 iPhones. I dislike the screen protectors. I have some tempered glass protectors but know I'll just end up taking them off. For the price of the device, AppleCare plus seems like a better investment especially with screen replacement being $29 with it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector. I've had my 6s Plus a year and it looks new. No scratches or anything. I wipe it good each day with a microfiber cloth.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Never used a screen protector until I got my 7. IMHO the protectors have become so much better over time. Super thin, smudge resistant, etc. So I really like the one I have now, but have no idea which it is.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Since I will go naked for a little while, I will put Zagg Glass on the screen to protect it. I think that is all I need for now. The phone is already water resistant, so a case is really not necessary. I have a Jet Black phone and I do not want to cover up its beautiful finish. The Jet Black is not slippery at all which is great.

i6splusguy

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Hell no. My iPhone 6s Plus is beat up but I like that. I don't baby my phone. I hate screen protectors. They're ugly. They make your phone look real ugly.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I always put a screen protector on mine. Non matter how careful you are you will get those small micro abrasions on the screen and they drive me nuts.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Some of the posts here How do I replace my scratched screen should tell you if No screen protection that once it's scratched it's too late .

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Never ending debate. Always safe>sorry if your not sure.

Stupid button on my jean pocket likes to decimate my screen without a protector

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Glass tempered from Verizon. It is a nice one and very slick. No issues on it. I need to protect my devices. Apple watch has one as well

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Never been a fan of screen protector until I got the iPhone 7 Plus. The smaller screens seemed less vulnerable than this gigantic (in comparison to the 5S I had before this) screen.

The second I got my 7Plus delivered I went by the AppleStore to have a Belkin tempered glass placed. While at it, I also bought an Apple Silicone case. Which I also was not a fan of with my other phones.

My advice to you is to get a quality screen protector and not one of those $1. thingies. I realized my dislike for screen protectors came from cheap ones.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Age old answer: Is your phone worth less than the screen protector you would buy and install? If the answer is no; don't do it. If the answer is yes, by all means protect your investment.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy my bodyguardz pure 2. Peace of mind especially since I'm outside a lot of my work and with the kiddo at the park. Just good knowing it's there. Along with apple care plus of course.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
No matter the size, except when I had a dumb phone, a screen protector has always been on my devices. I also have one on my Apple Watch. I do have insurance on my phone but even at the deductible will always have a screen protector and case.

Buckeye2009

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I prefer not to use them, but I wear diamond earrings and they've scratched my previous phones so I use one now. I like the tempered glass ones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang