Switching upgrades so I can get the iphone

nies

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So tell me this: Can I use my grandmothers upgrade,activate it on her line, pay the data........then reactivate her old phone (non smartphone) and then switch the iPhone over to my line which is not on her plan, but on my own and activate it? So she would then be back to her old phone and I would be with the new iPhone.

Yes just make her a myverizon account

captriker

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So tell me this: Can I use my grandmothers upgrade,activate it on her line, pay the data........then reactivate her old phone (non smartphone) and then switch the iPhone over to my line which is not on her plan, but on my own and activate it? So she would then be back to her old phone and I would be with the new iPhone.

If she is on a different account thanyours you can still do it, but from what I've read, this invalidates the insurance on the phone. You might be able to purchase an extended plan but factor that into your total costs.

lomamo182

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This awesome and unique situation occurs if you are part of a family plan.

I have the main line in the vzw family plan and upgraded to the Droid X when it first came out. After the vzw iphone announcement I sold my Droid X on ebay for a profit. Now I want to transfer my wife's upgrade, which she still has not used to my line. If you visit the website and try to switch upgrade to another line it works for all the phones on the website. However I have no clue if this will be possible Feb 3, the pre order date.

What do you guys suggest? Should I call on Feb 3 and explain my situation?

Thanks for the input!

bump. so now with the information from vzw twitter, im guessing this isnt possible until the 10th?

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
bump. so now with the information from vzw twitter, im guessing this isnt possible until the 10th?

Twitter says you have to have an upgrade to pre-order, and you have to activate the device on the line you upgrade.

Once you activate the device on the line with the upgrade, you perform a device ESN swap online and bam you're set.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the same question, but currently everyone on our family plan has a BlackBerry... my mom's the primary on the account and has an upgrade available... how would the whole data plan thing work, since BlackBerries have their own data plan? Would we have to get the iPhone on her line, pay the $30 for data for the iPhone, take it off, put back on the blackberry, pay the blackberry data, and then put the iPhone on my line and add the iPhone data?

This is so confusing. LOL.

alupo790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
exactly my problem too. on the verizon site it lists the blackberry plan under the 3g data plan for smartphones so im guessing its the same ultimately. i want to upgrade for my mom, give her my bb and take the iphone, but the plans thing is confusing me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artiefischel99