Switching from Android?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The Priv looks cool and it definitely caught my eye but I'd rather a vertical keyboard, which I know is not really Blackberry's MO. The slider looked great though. I hope it helps Blackberry turn things around because we really need a vendor that is willing to build physical keyboards. They're such a cool feature, even if not for everyone.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I went from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to an iPhone 4, then 5, then 6 Plus, now 6s Plus. This year's iPhone has been my favorite as far as features and how fast it is. That being said, this is also the first year where I looked at the Galaxy S6 and the Note 5 and thought "Those are nice phones, if I had to use one of them I wouldn't be mad." I've had a MacBook since 2008 and the way the iPhone syncs with it for Messages, Safari and everything else, I don't think I could ever switch. I could maybe pick up a secondary phone but the iPhone will always be my primary. The iOS/OSX updates are also fantastic since they come straight from Apple whereas the Android updates are managed by carriers/vendors.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I also use both platforms but l use android more. Have MBP and ipad air 2. Recently sold my iphone 6+ and ordered a SIM free 6S+ which comes tomorrow!

Also just sold my Nexus 6 and trying to get Nexus 6P to hold me for another year!

Looking forward to trying out 3D touch, more RAM and wifi calling/texting on att.

Posted via S6 Active!

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I went from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to an iPhone 4, then 5, then 6 Plus, now 6s Plus. This year's iPhone has been my favorite as far as features and how fast it is. That being said, this is also the first year where I looked at the Galaxy S6 and the Note 5 and thought "Those are nice phones, if I had to use one of them I wouldn't be mad." I've had a MacBook since 2008 and the way the iPhone syncs with it for Messages, Safari and everything else, I don't think I could ever switch. I could maybe pick up a secondary phone but the iPhone will always be my primary. The iOS/OSX updates are also fantastic since they come straight from Apple whereas the Android updates are managed by carriers/vendors.

I recently tried to go the 2 phone route. I bought a Note 5 and really liked it. However, I decided to return it on the 14th day. I realized that maybe I didn't need two phones. As nice I as I thought the Note 5 was/is, I realized that it's just the overall fit and finish of iOS that would always draw me back to my iPhone 6s Plus.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After really looking at the entire picture I don't miss my Note 5 at all. Great features and great overall phone but I wouldn't use half of them. I can't stand the bloat on those phones even though you can disable them. I hate having Carriers involved with the software. Getting new updates is what I like. The Note 5 probably wouldn't get Android 6 for 6-8 months which is ridiculous. If I ever decided to try Android again it would be a Nexus. Even though Touchwiz got better it is still all cluttered.

The 6S Plus has just been amazing for me. I don't miss the Note 5 one bit even though I praised it so much when I got it. That wore off pretty quick.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently tried to go the 2 phone route. I bought a Note 5 and really liked it. However, I decided to return it on the 14th day. I realized that maybe I didn't need two phones. As nice I as I thought the Note 5 was/is, I realized that it's just the overall fit and finish of iOS that would always draw me back to my iPhone 6s Plus.

I was thinking maybe one would serve as a work phone and the other for personal and entertainment values. Even though my 6s Plus is perfectly capable of handling it all. I wake up every morning and appreciate it's beauty and power even more than the day before.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77