Strange battery behavior

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Over the past couple of days I have noticed the battery life tanking. I am not aware of any changes except a few updates via Cydia of existing stuff... The really strange thing is when I check the usage (Settings > General > Usage) it shows the same value for Usage and Standby...

Anybody else noticing that or have an idea why it's doing that all of a sudden? Still on iOS 4.2.1 JB.

newiphoneuser

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If your usage time is same as standby that means your phone is "working" all the time. Probably a rogue process or something. Uninstall any new apps you may have installed or simply restore.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Everything was closed... nothing showing in the switcher list... and the battery was draining fast... don't now what the rogue process was, but a hard reset fixed it... went all day today and still at 73% battery... it's all good today.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Everything was closed... nothing showing in the switcher list... and the battery was draining fast... don't now what the rogue process was, but a hard reset fixed it... went all day today and still at 73% battery... it's all good today.

I have been having this issue off and on since the first iOS 4.2 update. Not sure what the cause is but I have found that doing a synch seems to make it stop. Hope that a synch works for you as well.