Storage questions

Nuttz565

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I gave a question regarding the storage on my 4s. Now I have the 16gb version which actually there is 13.6 usable storage. Now currently it says I'm using 3.6 gb of storage. When I go to the usage area in settings I add up everything there(apps&photos) and I'm not even coming up with 2 gb's. Where or what is using the other 1.6gb of storage or how can I find out what's using it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I gave a question regarding the storage on my 4s. Now I have the 16gb version which actually there is 13.6 usable storage. Now currently it says I'm using 3.6 gb of storage. When I go to the usage area in settings I add up everything there(apps&photos) and I'm not even coming up with 2 gb's. Where or what is using the other 1.6gb of storage or how can I find out what's using it?

Operating System, app data, contacts, calendar stuff, browser cache, etc...

Nuttz565

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought operatin system was already factored in, thus that's why you only have 13.6gb to start with and not 16

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Text, pictures, call log data, app data, everything uses up space and it can add up quick. I deleted all the text, call history from my wife's iPhone; which she had never done in a 1 1/2yrs of owning it and freed up almost 1GB of space. All those pics in messages count

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I freaked out to when I got the 16g and saw how fast I was eating up space but after you start to get all the apps you need and finish customizing your iphone it will level off I around 7g free in three short months but now I'm only collecting data at a slow pace so I will be fine

next iphone I will go large....

best way to gauge consumption is when you manage your cloud back-up

Agent-P

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
rdiddy_25 brought up the point I was going to bring up. If you've sent/received a lot of MMS then that will take up quite a bit more room than you realise as those pictures are stored in the "other" section of memory.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
every once in a while it is smart to clear your texts and sync to iTunes to clear our the cache.

I also backup and restore my iDevices when the extra space starts growing.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4