Spring boarding

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
With iOS 10.3.3, I have found my iPhone 7 plus keeps spring boarding randomly. I can't explain what could be causing it. It has happened while different apps are in function. Also differing from the past springboard crashes, when it comes back to life after the spinning circle is replaced by the passcode screen, I am able to use touchID to get back into the phone not requiring the usual manual entry of my passcode. Anybody else having this experience of have a fix? I have done net work setting resets and also power button + volume down button prolong press to reset with no improvement in the situation. These days the guys on the apple support app seem to know very little about the phones they advise people about. Ideas welcome. Not really keen on a factory reset

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Testing it on a freshly installed operating system with no 3rd party apps (no reinstalling from backup) is the ideal choice for troubleshooting issues (figuring out if it's a corrupt system file, misbehaving app/corrupt 3rd party app file(s) ).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Testing it on a freshly installed operating system with no 3rd party apps (no reinstalling from backup) is the ideal choice for troubleshooting issues (figuring out if it's a corrupt system file, misbehaving app/corrupt 3rd party app file(s) ).

Exactly!....Well stated, Sherry...

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I've set it up from scratch and as I've gradually and painstakingly downloaded all my 325 app and restored my phone to as close to previous as possible, it has done the spring boarding again. I honestly get this same or similar problem every year. Of course when I had just stock apps on it didn't crash but then I use most of my third party apps for work so I might as well have a dumb phone if I only were to use stock apps.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If it's not having the issue on a fresh reset with no 3rd party apps, then it's not an iOS or hardware issue. You have to figure out which one of your 3rd party apps is causing the problem, and then contact the developer of that app and submit a bug report.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77