Speaker Bug!!!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
After finally being on long call and playing music using the iPhone 5 speakers, I noticed over time the sound skips out and distorts. It's almost like the volume fluctuates as well. Is anyone having the same issue? Is it hardware or software issue? It sounds like a software issue to me. So to recap, the issue happens with internal and external speaker.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My daughter's is doing a similar thing. It got to a point that the external speaker quit working completely. Have an appt at Apple store in Indy on Monday.I am sure they will replace the phone. (fingers crossed)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It comes and go,I can't say after reboot.

That's weird. Have you tried restoring your iPhone to new? When I got my 4S I had this issue where the volume would go down on its own whether I was listening to music, on a call, etc... You'd actually see the the volume indicator on screen go all the way down. A restore to new didn't fix the issue so they replaced the phone but it may help you. Keep us posted.

Moose1331

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
My daughter's is doing a similar thing. It got to a point that the external speaker quit working completely. Have an appt at Apple store in Indy on Monday.I am sure they will replace the phone. (fingers crossed)

It comes and go,I can't say after reboot.

If I'm not mistaken, you two are talking about totally different problems.

Evo's is a problem I'm not familiar with but sounds like it may require handset replacement....

Hoosier's is the same issue my first iPhone 5 had. It can sometimes be temporarily resolved by cleaning out the headphone jack with a trimmed down q-tip with some high % rubbing alcohol on it (just enough to lightly wet). This trick works for some, and worked for me temporarily, but in the end the problem would come back and Apple replaced the handset.

Go to https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action then click iPhone, then service request and trouble shooting, then click the box for topic not listed, describe your problem, punch in your info and they'll call you usually within 5 minutes. Set up a genius bar appt through them and you're good to go.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I went to the store and she compared it to two iPhones 5 and they all sounded the same. It sounds like it might be a software issue. The in and out effect is only on vocals.

muzikmyke

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a similar issue. The system volume will all of a sudden "get quiet." When I type, when I open the phone and when I put the screen to sleep, all of the sounds the phone is supposed to make are all quiet. The other bug that I've been dealing with has to do with the email notifications. Even though I have a different tone selected for my email, it still always makes the default tone. Every now and then it will use the tone that I have assigned, but for the most part it won't. Been trying to determine if its hardware or software...

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
im sure its software issue so as long as the update that will solve it.i have the same problem when i play a song it starts louder and after couple second it soften a little and loud again.im sure its a bug.

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that when I get a text while listening ot music the volume goes down to notify me, then comes back... Outside of that I can't say I have experienced what you are. Is it the same songs in the same spots? Maybe they were ripped funny?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53