Somebody PLEASE school me on... Snapchat

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried it for about 15 minutes. Was checking it out to see if i should let my daughter have an account. Nope. Not comfortable with other having ability to send her inappropriate things that disappear in a short while. Also, the UI is horrible and not at all intuitive. She was sad but she will live.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I tried it for about 15 minutes. Was checking it out to see if i should let my daughter have an account. Nope. Not comfortable with other having ability to send her inappropriate things that disappear in a short while. Also, the UI is horrible and not at all intuitive. She was sad but she will live.

Ah BBM even does that too, where you can set them to disappear, it actually saves on cookies and cache, but regardless people generally just add their friends on there, it is not about non-friends like Twitter is. It's more about messaging with friends, not strangers.

That said, people use it to also follow singers and celebs because you can get stuff they post before any media or news sees it. I like how they give some news and global events in Snapchat but they do it in a fun way. I bet if it wasn't for SC most younger peeps wouldn't even know there was an election on.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I think iMessage works great. Initially, I downloaded Snapchat because I work at a University, and thought that posting stories about an ongoing event might draw more attendance. Since most college kids use Snapchat regularly, it's a good way to get their attention. Now I just need to continue to try and figure it out!!!!

You should have seen how confusing the old version was! I gave up after 10 minutes, I couldn't navigate. The new one is cool, so simple yet fun. Sorry but most people would say iMessage is BORING! Hey that's just the world we live in now ;). You can do so much more in SC and notice now how Whatsapp is trying to be more like SC and we can out stickers on pics, draw on the screen, etc.