So my new iPhone 8 Plus red stucks at any percentage during charging and won’t move further

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Purchased product red iPhone 8 Plus a week ago everything was fine for few charges but from few days my iPhone will stuck at any percentage value after 80 no matter how long it stays there but when I restart it goes directly to eg 88 percent and after that won’t move further even I restart it again... I tried

Hard reset vol up vol down press home and power button method

Reset setting

Reset auto date settings

Letting phone down to zero percent and die and then charge back up ( again stucks at 80)

Fresh restore from iTunes set as new iPhone

It seems happening after I updated to 11.3.1

No Apple store in my country bought it from a retailer shop and bought it brand new

Any suggestion would be appreciated ... iOS 11 is been such a mess this time around

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 11.4 should be available within the next week or so. I would just continue to use your iPhone as-is until then. Hopefully, the next version will fix the problem you’re having.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11.4 should be available within the next week or so. I would just continue to use your iPhone as-is until then. Hopefully, the next version will fix the problem you’re having.
Is this a known issue? If not why would you assume a new version would help?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Mine works perfect except for an app I use for work. Every week I have to without fail uninstall and reinstall it. Started happing with the iOS 11 update previously to the current update. Very nerving

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine works perfect except for an app I use for work. Every week I have to without fail uninstall and reinstall it. Started happing with the iOS 11 update previously to the current update. Very nerving
That's lousy. Any chance a clean reset would cure it?

Billy Beckham

May 7, 2018
Visit site
So what do you need to pay attention to when charging iPhone 8 Plus?

1. iPhone 8 Plus first charge does not have to charge 12 hours, full of on the line.
2. iPhone 8 Plus can be charged under any power.
3. iPhone 8 Plus best once a week to fully place and charge the process. That is, from red power to full power.
4. iPhone 8 Plus over-protection of the phone has the function, but it is recommended to unplug the phone after full, it is not recommended charging for a long time, such as overnight charging.
5. iPhone 8 Plus charge to 100% when you charge for an hour, with the power you just full of electricity is different, the former half of the power to show that 100% to be very resistant, the latter is not resistant.
6. iPhone 8 Plus When the mobile phone battery is too low, it should try to start charging as soon as possible.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I remember last year's 'Red' had a reputation or issues almost unknown on other iPhone 7 Plus models ( current at the time) I remember speculation that the 'Red' models were produced on a different line or at a different plant - and that might have been the source of quality control issues all round.......

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
it is recommended to unplug the phone after full, it is not recommended charging for a long time, such as overnight charging.

Your post is full of inaccuracies, but this one most of all. It does not hurt a lithium-ion battery when it stays plugged in past full battery. It never has.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Purchased product red iPhone 8 Plus a week ago everything was fine for few charges but from few days my iPhone will stuck at any percentage value after 80 no matter how long it stays there but when I restart it goes directly to eg 88 percent and after that won’t move further even I restart it again... I tried

Hard reset vol up vol down press home and power button method

Reset setting

Reset auto date settings

Letting phone down to zero percent and die and then charge back up ( again stucks at 80)

Fresh restore from iTunes set as new iPhone

It seems happening after I updated to 11.3.1

No Apple store in my country bought it from a retailer shop and bought it brand new

Any suggestion would be appreciated ... iOS 11 is been such a mess this time around

I have the Product Red 8 Plus and have experienced no such issues. After all the steps you've taken, I would be returning it for a new one. Period. We pay a premium and therefore should experience premium. Not sure if you can return it but if you can, do it.

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Thnx for every one for taking time to reply i was away for a while so couldn’t reply ! Battery percentage is actually a feature which comes in handy in hot areas to avoid any damage to battery.. i live in a city where temperature now a days averages around 38 to 40C .. so when i charge my phone where temperature is around around 30c it won’t pass to 80 percent but if i charge my phone in my other room where air conditioner is on .. it easily goes to 100 percent which proves that it is feature from apple and i came to know this from apple’s own help page..

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Are you able to share a link to where on Apple's website you saw this? I am aware of the temperature warning which is displayed on the screen however have never heard of an iPhone only charging to 80%, by design, if in a hot climate. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and have used and charged my phone in very hot international climates and have never had it stop charging at 80%. Always charges to 100%.

*Edited to correct spelling mistake.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to share a link to where on Apple's website you saw this? I am aware of the temperature warning which is displayed on the screen however have never heard of an iPhone only charging to 80%, by design, if in a hot climate. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and have used and charged my phone in very hot international climates and have never had it stop charging at 80%. Always charges to 100%.

*Edited to correct spelling mistake.

I believe this is to what the OP refers. It's under "Avoid extreme ambient temperatures". It's not exactly normal hot weather circumstances. The device would have to be pretty hot.
https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#mn_p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burningroad