So much for the X being a "flop"

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Really? You're making this into a thing?

Let's play pretend here.

Me: I don't watch that show because I hate it.
Robertk328: I think you're wrong, you do like that show.
Me: Robert is being a troll.
You: Nothing worse on a forum than someone calling someone a Troll just for not agreeing with them.

The second sentence... trolling. Someone telling someone else that they're wrong about what they like/dislike /want/don't want is a form of trolling. He/she was doing nothing more than trying to annoy me into a debate. What I like or don't like or what I want or don't want, especially when my mind is made up and I didn't ask for opinions, is not open for debate.

No. You completely misunderstood my post. Please read posts before commenting on them.

Someone (to save embarrassment, I won't say who) made the claim:

"I won't be going back to Android, ever. I'd rather just go without a phone at all."

Quoting exactly and only that text, I replied:

"Yeah I think you don't really mean that."

I am not claiming that anyone likes Android. Read the sentence again. There is no way anyone could possibly understand what I wrote to imply that someone likes Android. Absolutely no way.

I am amazed that I have to explain this, but as it seems to have caused some confusion, I will do so. I am claiming that if Android phones were the only choice of phone (not even smart phone, but phone) on the market, most people would choose to have one rather than not have a phone at all. I am not implying that anyone would be happy with the situation. Not the original poster. Not me. Not anyone. Simply that an Android phone is better than no phone at all.

This does not seem very controversial, right?

It is against forum rules to call someone a troll. To quote: "Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling." See https://forums.imore.com/site-feedback-help/385947-community-rules-guidelines.html

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
most people would choose to have one rather than not have a phone at all.

Let me make this as clear as possible for you. I will not ever purchase another device with the Android OS on it.

an Android phone is better than no phone at all.

That is your opinion. I do not share it.

As for me breaking the forum rules, you are free to report it to my superior @Just_Me_D

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Let me make this as clear as possible for you. I will not ever purchase another device with the Android OS on it.

That is your opinion. I do not share it.

As for me breaking the forum rules, you are free to report it to my superior @Just_Me_D

That isn't trolling at all, but simply someone calling a bluff of a very close-minded opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How do you figure it's close minded? What makes you think it's an opinion?

I have to agree with you on this. Not choosing for Android and growing to dislike it with passion, even without using it for more than a few minutes in a row, is a well thought choice. Nothing close minded about that.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I have to agree with you on this. Not choosing for Android and growing to dislike it with passion, even without using it for more than a few minutes in a row, is a well thought choice. Nothing close minded about that.

I guess some people just assume if you own an Apple device that you've always owned an Apple device.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
They’d be assuming right in my case ������������
Well, I did start out with Windows Mobile back in the day, but since 2008 only iPhones for me.

This is only my second iPhone. My first was the 6s. All of my previous phones were unlocked phones purchased directly from Google. I still have my S4 and Galaxy Nexus phones, still with custom ROMs installed lol. Had to take out the batteries and toss them though as they were expanding. Darn near cracked the screen on my Nexus by the time I noticed it.

We're getting way off topic here. Sorry about that! I won't be buying an X, flop or no flop.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeahWells