Rethinking a case.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I don’t drop my phone as well. It just comes down to device awareness to me

I’ve had my X since mid March, and haven’t dropped it yet. I am a truck driver, and the fear of dropping it from the cab is worrying. I had a Rhinoshield bumper on my 7 plus. I’m thinking about getting the back protector, already have the front one, and using a bumper on the truck. Take the bumper off at home.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I use Peel case which is super thin. I also have Apple Care so I am willing to take the risk. But as said in the video, I am very cautious with my phone that I will handle with care :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Remember that Tyson is probably wealthy enough to afford to replace his phone if he actually does drop it. Are you wealthy enough?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I get the idea, but I can't take that risk especially not with 3 year old boys around.

Both Rogan and NgT have the X. Interesting.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I don’t drop my phone as well. It just comes down to device awareness to me

Like a car accident. I mean, who gets in the car in the morning and says " i think i'll wreck the ride today" doesn't matter how aware you are, Its how aware are the people around you.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue with not using a case is how slick the iphone is. I saw this video the other day and found that what Tyson said is actually accurate. Now I twirl my phone occasionally and feel like I have a better grip on it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Like a car accident. I mean, who gets in the car in the morning and says " i think i'll wreck the ride today" doesn't matter how aware you are, Its how aware are the people around you.

Car accidents can be avoided 90% of the time but there are jobs that I agree would be prudent to use a case. Fisherman using waterproof cases or a truck driver with a bump case

I agree being aware of the elbow busters means holding onto your device like you would a hot cup of coffee ☕

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
My biggest issue with not using a case is how slick the iphone is. I saw this video the other day and found that what Tyson said is actually accurate. Now I twirl my phone occasionally and feel like I have a better grip on it.

I started doing it myself, and found I have a better feel for it. Doesn’t feel as slippery anymore in the hand.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Car accidents can be avoided 90% of the time but there are jobs that I agree would be prudent to use a case. Fisherman using waterproof cases or a truck driver with a bump case

I agree being aware of the elbow busters means holding onto your device like you would a hot cup of coffee ☕

Absolutely, my phone will be in an Otterbox Defender the next couple days. I’ll be in a boom lift 30-40 feet above concrete.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't think about it at all. I just don't use a case because I don't like them. If I drop the phone, which I have various times, I don't care. If I damage it that badly I'll repair it or get another one.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I hate cases as well. I never used to use cases back when we would subsidize phones because I knew I would just a new phone and the old phone would go in a junk drawer. Now that we have to buy the phones, I like to sell them once I am done with them, and hence why I started the trend of using a case - even though I detest them. I really miss the old way of buying phones...the good ol' days.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I never liked a case on my phone. But after a couple of cracked screens, they have become a necessary evil.
And don’t think you will not drop your phone, it can and probably will happen.
It’s not just the cracked screen I worry about. But also what the shock of the drop does to the phones internals.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I hate cases as well. I never used to use cases back when we would subsidize phones because I knew I would just a new phone and the old phone would go in a junk drawer. Now that we have to buy the phones, I like to sell them once I am done with them, and hence why I started the trend of using a case - even though I detest them. I really miss the old way of buying phones...the good ol' days.

Have you tried Apple Upgrade Program yet?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I love the phones on their own.... but I know myself too well... a case is completely necessary for me. The "twirling" is an interesting concept though...

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried Apple Upgrade Program yet?

No? I don't even know what that is.

edit: Ok so I looked into that, its basically where you just finance the phone. That doesn't matter to me as I buy my phones full price. What I liked was committing to a service for 2 years and getting a phone at a heavy discount.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
That's great and all.

However, paying less than $20 bucks for a case that serves a purpose (to prevent damage to my device) is worth it in my eyes.