Rapid degradation of performance iOS 14.4.1 & iPad Pro 12.9" 2016

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if I'm alone in seeing a significant step backwards in overall performance (specifically UI lagging) with the Gen 1 iPad Pro 12.9"?

No question I'm going to be upgrading over the coming months, however I'm wondering if I'm alone with the performance issue as this long serving device will be staying in the family as a hand-me-down.

I've tried a total erase and fresh install (not from back-up), disabling background apps and ensuring that apps are closed where possible, nothing really seems to help.

My next step is to run up Xcode and do some monitoring of CPU and process, just to check if it is just the hardware is struggling (it is now coming up to 6 years old) or if something else odd is happening. Happy to take any other suggestions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think my work-issued iPad Pro is a 12.9 inch gen 1, but I haven't noticed any degradation in performance. Granted I don't use it in the manner I use my person iPad Pro, but for what I do use it for, it's still speedy and sufficient. Hopefully those who use a gen 1 for personal use will reply soon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepghosh2564