PLUS TO 7?

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
although part of me thinks if i went to the 7 seeing the plus would make me want it and i work in retail where i see the 7 and 7 plus everyday

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
although part of me thinks if i went to the 7 seeing the plus would make me want it and i work in retail where i see the 7 and 7 plus everyday

Actually checking out both in person is a GREAT idea! Either at a carrier store, Apple Store or big box electronics store such as Best Buy. Apple is your best bet as they will have the most display models available, and the most knowledgeable staff. :)

johndill17

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
My journey with the iPhone 6 form factor started with the original 6 because I thought the Plus was just too big. Then, after some experience with handling the Plus size, I decided that I could go bigger in order to enjoy a bigger screen, better battery life, and an optically stabilized camera. I upgraded to a 6s Plus.

So this year my initial thinking was that my decision came down to upgrading to a 7 Plus or keeping my 6s Plus. I preordered a 7 Plus but then reconsidered. The new camera system, for one, was a compelling reason to upgrade, but I was disappointed to learn that the second camera did not have OIS. After going over the other benefits to upgrading, I decided to cancel my preorder and keep the 6s Plus.

But then I had an epiphany. This year I could have the OIS that I like in my 6s Plus but in the regular 7, and also get an upgraded camera. I could also upgrade my processor speed. And get stereo speakers. And better color in my screen. And an improved Taptic Engine. And a new solid-state home button. And double the storage. And I could have all of this packed into the smaller, more pocketable, and more easily handled form factor that I honestly missed from my year with the original 6. I went out and tracked down a 7, and I feel like it's the smartest technology purchase I've ever made.

In a recently resurfaced article entitled "Best iPhone," Rene articulates the reasons to opt for the 7 over the 7 Plus. But he got the the color wrong. Bro's Gold all the way.

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that is holding me back from returning my iPhone 7 plus and going to the iPhone 7 is the portrait mode, which is pretty sweet. I do take a lot of pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that is holding me back from returning my iPhone 7 plus and going to the iPhone 7 is the portrait mode, which is pretty sweet. I do take a lot of pictures.

I had ordered the 7 Plus originally just for the portrait mode, but then I checked out all the apps that do everything the portrait mode does, so I changed my order to the 7.
My 7 arrives today,,, yay !!!!!
My 6 Plus and 6s Plus were just to big and uncomfortable to use,,, my smaller 6s I switched too was the perfect size,,,, I'm sure I'll be loving my regular 7 just as much,,,,, and when I want those portrait effects I'll just use an app.

Cheers
Davyo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually purchased the iPhone 6S before swapping it out 2 days later, if that long, for the 6S Plus. I'll probably go to an Apple Store this weekend and buy the iPhone 7 since they're readily available, especially in Black. If the battery life turns out to mirror that of my iPhone 6S Plus, I may decide to keep it. If not, I'll switch it out like last time.

Peaco

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Coming from the iPhone 6s Plus I went back to the 4.7" and I love it! While the big screen is nice, the thing was huge and would be an annoyance. I'm active and it got in the way. I've adapted very nicely back to the 4.7" (plenty big) and it feels amazing in the hand. When I'm home and want to watch videos etc I use my 9.7" iPad Pro which is more pleasurable than even the 5.5" iPhone anyway. It's a phone...when I'm out and about the 4.7" is a pleasure to handle. One handed use and portability is something I missed and shouldn't be under estimated.

I will possibly go back to the bigger screen but only if and when Apple shaves down those bezels.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picxartsapp