Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Love the stock mail app- it's great and don't understand what peoples' issues are with it.

I use the gmail app for my school email, so I don't have to into two different emails on the stock app.

nhlfreak9

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I do and it's great only thing that's annoying is the bug where it shows u have one unread but you don't other than that it suits my needs

clareberry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have only used the standard email. I have a lot of accounts with my businesses, and it works well. I wish it worked a little better with Gmail, though.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock app but I also have the Gmail app to tell me when to check my gmail in the stock app (since Google no longer pushes to the stock app). Fun stuff!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I do. I haven't found a 3rd party that works as well with a unified inbox and that isn't all about inbox zero and I refuse to try gmail app again. It's just that awful.

aballerdotcom

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I use Mail App to check my Me account. It's my personal so I don't get overloaded with spam. Therefore I don't mind checking on it every now and then.

Itstakenovermylife

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Outlook and Gmail app. Anyone who has ever come off another OS realizes how inadequate the stock Mail app is. Outlook's Calendar and integrated Files access makes it a much better solution for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm an exclusive gmail account user and though I like the push aspect of the gmail app, I stick to apple's native mail app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Inbox and Gmail all the way. Do a search in Apple mail and then do a search in inbox/gmail. Which one provides the most relevant results and quickly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tokyotony

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I tried many 3rd party apps out there including Outlook, Boxer Pro, Inky, CloudMagic, and many others. My key requirements were:

1) Works with a variety of popular email services (iCloud, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.)

2) Ability to attach documents from iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and/or OneDrive.

3) Newsletter and other HTML emails format properly.

4) I could move an email from one account to the folder of another account (for example, move a Gmail email to an iCloud email folder).

The ONLY one which could satisfy all 4 criteria above was the stock Mail app under iOS9.

I had high hopes for Outlook but I find it still too buggy and it won't let you move emails to another account. Inbox and Gmail only do Gmail.

The other ones tend to mess up the formatting of HTML emails, especially newsletters. For example, there are certain emails that are formatted so they look nice on a phone and a desktop. I found most of the others couldn't handle this properly...they would use the desktop version or they had too much margins on the sides of the email on the phone version.

None of them (from memory) allows me to move an email from one account to another. The reason this is important is that I want to have one folder for a variety of themes, e.g. Purchases, Travel, School. I don't use the same email address for all of these, especially purchases. Sometime I buy with iCloud and another time I may purchase using Gmail (due to geographic restrictions). I'd rather have all purchase emails stored in one folder so if I need to search on them (say I'm reconciling my monthly budget), I can find in one folder.

Mac Mail under iOS 9 is fine for just about every need. The others have a lot of catching up to do.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I've bounced around a lot trying the stock app, Google Inbox, Outlook, Mailbox, and Gmail app.

My personal email is gmail and my work email runs through gmail, but is also Exchange.

I recently tried the stock app for a while, but I can't use my personal gmail with it because I need Push. So I was running a second email app (Inbox) for my personal mail. I do like the stock app for my exchange mail. I probably would have kept using it if not for the lack of regular gmail push.

Now I'm back to Mailbox. It's even simpler than the stock mail app.

Any given email for me falls into three categories...
1.) something I no longer need and want to delete. This gets deleted with a right swipe.
2.) something I'm currently still working on or need to respond to. This stays in my inbox.
3.) something I'm done with for the most part, but need to keep for my records. This gets archived with a left swipe.

Mailbox is a real nothing-more-nothing-less tool for me, and let's me use both my emails in one app.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Tried using Outlook and Mailbox before but always found myself coming back to sleep h default app, simply due to its integration with the system.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've tried using a few different ones, but I have ultimately stuck to the stock app. Others may look prettier, have better features here and there, but somehow they all have ONE thing that I dislike and that ruins the app for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855