[Official] Received my VZW iPhone

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just wasted 90 min reading every post on this threaed. I did not pre order because I got burned with the BB Storm 1 fiasco and swore never to get any phone until I had researched it thourghly. Oh I wanted to but I held out. I am sorry for all of you that did not receive ur phones today. I was looking for Nr 8 to get his but it looks like he did not. His last post made me think he may have it; however it has been a long time since that post with no followup. He has been in the thick of the threads and is easy for me to remember Nr 8 (Darth Sonething).
I have a D2 now and for the past few weeks have lost almost every call I make or receive. That has never happend in my 8 years as a Verizon customer. Went to a store the other day to protest and was told that towers are being upgraded for the iPhone intro and things should clear up after the 10 th.
So it might not be a lie about the demand on the system caused Big Red to request a hold on deliveries.

Lanulos

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Received my daughter's around noon from Fedex. When I connected it to iTunes it immediately started activating, and kicked her old phone off the network while she was at school. I didn't even know that could happen.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
So are people still getting theirs? I got mine about 3:30. Lady apologized for being late. Said she has had so many phones from Verizon today. Nuts. I activated and synced ringtones, photos, and Facebook and twitter so far. Had a program at my daughters' school I had to leave at five for. Will sync everything else when they fall asleep.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So are people still getting theirs? I got mine about 3:30. Lady apologized for being late. Said she has had so many phones from Verizon today. Nuts. I activated and synced ringtones, photos, and Facebook and twitter so far. Had a program at my daughters' school I had to leave at five for. Will sync everything else when they fall asleep.

So did Mister 8 get his? Well that is the great mystery isn't it? xD

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping to get mine thursday morning. Im up at school and verizon is about 3 min away. another 25 min away and another in a mall 40 min away... The farthest is in a bigger area. But i am hoping the one 3 min away wont be too bad. I know its the iphone so i am sure there will be a line. I am thinking about waking up at 5... Think if i call tomorrow or wednesday they can tell me how many phones they have and if they are expecting a line?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I just wasted 90 min reading every post on this threaed. I did not pre order because I got burned with the BB Storm 1 fiasco and swore never to get any phone until I had researched it thourghly. Oh I wanted to but I held out. I am sorry for all of you that did not receive ur phones today. I was looking for Nr 8 to get his but it looks like he did not. His last post made me think he may have it; however it has been a long time since that post with no followup. He has been in the thick of the threads and is easy for me to remember Nr 8 (Darth Sonething).
I have a D2 now and for the past few weeks have lost almost every call I make or receive. That has never happend in my 8 years as a Verizon customer. Went to a store the other day to protest and was told that towers are being upgraded for the iPhone intro and things should clear up after the 10 th.
So it might not be a lie about the demand on the system caused Big Red to request a hold on deliveries.

Not sure how getting a phone 1 or 2 days early is a failure. I sympathize on storm 1. I had one and liked it okay til I got a droid. Hoping the iPhone coming tomorrow is as big of a jump.

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am so jealous of all you that got the phone today, I decided to call XZW one more time and try and get them to give me my tracking number (never received my shipping confirmation). I was on the phone with VZW for about 30 minutes will the CSR patiently kept trying to find a me a tracking number. I kept insisting that was 'all' I needed. She ended up calling me back (bad connection, can you hear me now?) and left a message i should get the phone today or tomorrow. More than slightly suspicious, and knowing CSR reliability, I just checked my email and guess what - a shipping confirmation!!! Got my tracking number and will have my new toy in my hands tomorrow afternoon.

Moral - call VZW and make sure they find the tracking number, or what ever they did to clear the log jam that was holding mine up.

Color me estatic! :)

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at 2:10 today :D The Fedex person accepted my note as the signature. :) I have been messing with my new iPhone all afternoon lol, it's so much fun.

Mk4Jetta

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Got mine at 6:45 eastern! Didn't think it was coming today because ups updated my info so it just said in transit, this morning it said it was in route. I'm so happy!!!

truss83

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get screwed by FedEx. Was on the truck out for delivery and someone was here all day. It finally said it was back at the office so I call the 800 number and was told that they already closed. I was however assured that it would be here tomorrow, that helped, not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson