No Male and Female Apple Watch?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

What do you think about Apples decision to not sell, or market the watch as a male and female version, but rather to sell a 42mm and 38mm version, for smaller and larger wrists. I think this is genius. While they DO have a traditional feminine color choice, again it is available in either size, and certainly any man may purchase and wear one should he so choose. (I own a pink oxford in my shirt collection)

So what do you all think about this? Good decision? Bad decision? Genius? Lets talk!

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Definitely a good decision. The different sizes and colours cover the bases nicely without adding variations for gender. There are enough variations to be getting on with already.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it was a good move. Keeping the product gender neutral eliminates the sales of specific models from becoming siloed to a certain demographic. You pick what you want based on your needs/wants/tastes.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's just a unisex watch nothing genius about it nothing new about it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think as a company selling internationally designating "Male" and "Female" models is just asking for trouble. It's all about the device so just market as a such and let the customers buy what they want. It's this Male & Female attitude why you get people saying "Is your son playing with a doll?" as if it's a crime. So it was definitely a wise idea to stay out of that but I think almost any big company at this point would know better.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Don't get me wrong folks I'm NOT saying marketing with a gender slant is right or wrong, just that it exists and that I appreciate Apple's decision not to do it! (Hint I think it's wrong to do, but that's not the point)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't get me wrong folks I'm NOT saying marketing with a gender slant is right or wrong, just that it exists and that I appreciate Apple's decision not to do it! (Hint I think it's wrong to do, but that's not the point)

that's the way I took the question

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
The small pink one is for girls! The big black one is for boys! Every other choice is for those that are confused! Imho

Sent from my  6+

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I agree, that's why I'm glad Apple stays out of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz