Newbiw Q re: Music Downloads

dougef2

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
New iPhone4 owner and new to iTunes. I previously purchased some MP3s from Amazon and managed them in Windows Media Player (no snickers, please). I readily transferred my music library over to iTunes and synced to my iPhone.

Today I looked at a particular album download - it is $9.99 on iTunes and $7.99 on Amazon. Other than the need to go through the extra stem to move the files over, is there any particular advantage to buying it on iTunes (for an extra $2) vs. buying it on Amazon?

Thanks.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I buy all my music on Amazon. iTunes is too restrictive, only allowing you to play music DL'd through itunes on an iDevice.

Matts#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Assuming it works the same in the US at the UK, Amazon have made it even easier now. They have some software called their MP3 Downloader which manages the download of the MP3 but it also automatically imports it into your iTunes library!

I routinely compare the price between iTunes and Amazon now, and buy whichever is cheapest. They're both as good as each other now really, as iTunes are generally DRM free.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I buy all my music on Amazon. iTunes is too restrictive, only allowing you to play music DL'd through itunes on an iDevice.

That's not true. As long as the device can play AAC files, it will run just fine. There is no DRM on iTunes music that locks into an iPod or whatever anymore. For example, the Zune can play iTunes music. Like I said, their AAC files are no longer hampered by DRM and if your device can play AAC, have at it.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My MP3 player must not be AAC compliant, then, because it doesn't recognize any itunes music. Either way, I will stick with Amazon. My itunes library sees amazon mp3's just fine once I refresh it after downloading new music.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjkradel