New T-Mobile Uncarrier on 4/20 - Smoke the Competition

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
IFrom what I've read they're probably retiring the Magenta plans and replacing them with some new Go5g plans. I prefer the Magenta name, it just fits. Not that I'm on it anyways, I still have the 2/$110 plan and never saw a reason to upgrade, hoping that they don't force me to anytime soon.

Details from T-Mobile for livestream:

Reactions: Up_And_Away

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I have a Magenta Max plan. One of the niceties is taxes and fees included in the actual quoted plan price (the quoted price is the actual price!). But according to the story you posted, “possible these new plans might not include taxes and fees”. Prices on everything are going up, so one possibility is this is how they increase rates without changing the 75$ plan — they just no longer cover the taxes and fees.
IF that’s the case, hold onto the Magenta Plan for however many years they keep it grandfathered.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've been worrying they'd eventually force force me to a magenta plan but it'd cost me like $35/month more than what I pay now for Max. It'd be nice to include Netflix and Apple TV+ but that still doesn't cover what I pay now. I doubt these new plans will make much of a difference. One Reddit user who works for them said that these new plans are going to be new higher priced data plans for things like tablets and watches, but with more perks too.

Reactions: Up_And_Away

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
That was a bit disappointing, not that I expected anything great. Basically Magenta and Magenta Max plans with different names and $5/line more. The one plan guarantees you can update your phone every two years...we've gone full circle :ROFLMAO:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
That was a bit disappointing, not that I expected anything great. Basically Magenta and Magenta Max plans with different names and $5/line more. The one plan guarantees you can update your phone every two years...we've gone full circle :ROFLMAO:

The phone upgrade every two years is nice, sorta. I’m one who more and more likes the idea of having the latest iPhone. But this perk is IF you stay with them. And that’s the rub, the perk means you remain paying for the premium price plan.

I’m thinking it is either best to jump to a different carrier every two years (if there is a good switch “discount”) or just remove the hassle altogether and go with the Apple upgrade plan (then go to whatever carrier is the best deal at any given time).

Reactions: BalrogWing

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
From the article:

“In addition, the new plans include taxes and fees, just like the previous Magenta plans. They also are covered by T-Mobile’s “Price Lock” guarantee. Both of these were concerns many users had about the new plans.”

Personally, none of this entices me. I’m already a Magenta plan user (4 lines) and we get all our devices from Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup