Need help choosing the iPhone 7 color!

filip4460

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys! So, I’ve been using a space grey iPhone SE for around a year now and it’s time for an upgrade. I’m kinda sick of the black front and want something new. But I really can’t decide between the silver and matte black color option! Love the silver, really. But matte black looks so sleek yet.. please tell me your opinion, this is really tearing me apart and I can’t stop thinking about it..

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

This question gets asked a lot. I always offer the same advice. As all people have different taste you are going to get varying answers. Plus no one has your exact taste. I suggest going to the Apple Store or someone that sells the phone and comparing them side by side. In the end you are the person who has to live with and use it. And you don't want to base your decisions on other peoples like and dislikes then down the road regret your final decision.

filip4460

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.
This question gets asked a lot. I always offer the same advice. As all people have different taste you are going to get varying answers. Plus no one has your exact taste. I suggest going to the Apple Store or someone that sells the phone and comparing them side by side. In the end you are the person who has to live with and use it. And you don't want to base your decisions on other peoples like and dislikes then down the road regret your final decision.
Oh well there is no Apple Store in my country. But I was at the tech store and tried both. I watch a lot of videos and I think black is better, but I always change my mind and it’s killing me. I think I won’t make a mistake if I go with a black one.

filip4460

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

That’s right, and thanks! It’s only my decision

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Oh well there is no Apple Store in my country. But I was at the tech store and tried both. I watch a lot of videos and I think black is better, but I always change my mind and it’s killing me. I think I won’t make a mistake if I go with a black one.

That's the reason I always go with a phone with a black front. It feels more immersive to me.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes to all the suggestions that it has to be a personal decision. iPhone or iPad, I've found happiness both staying and switching with color themes. I like black front when it's off and white when reading my news apps.

A future of full screen phones will take away part of my internal debates.

Choosing phone color, watch color, watch bands and phone cases are not the worst first world problems.

P.S. I do have this hangup - touch. I like the feel of the matte anodized AL back devices more than glass. I admit it's weighed on keeping my 7 Plus.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Maybe some of the retailers, or carriers sill have some new? I asked at my local Verizon dealer and they said they have a few of the Red 7s, but not the 7 Plus.

Ooh I didn't consider the retailer and carrier options. That's really good to know, thanks for sharing this.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Ooh I didn't consider the retailer and carrier options. That's really good to know, thanks for sharing this.

The dealer I checked was a small authorized dealer. I checked Verizon’s corporate website and no red available. Oh well, keep looking.