Need help activating iPhone 4s after DFU restore from jailbreak 6.1

XiphusX

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. The IPSW for all 4s phones should be the same. If it was locked, it never should have connected in the first place. Although, "locking" is a bit different with CDMA carriers than it is with the GSM carriers.

Do you know anyone with the 4s currently on Verizon's network? In addition to trying to download the IPSW manually like Keith suggested, you might pull up the carrier data for your friend's 4s on Verizon. If it's reading the same, it shouldn't be an issue. If it's different, there's probably a bug in the update system if you're finding this issue widespread.

Unfortunately, I dont have any friends available at this time to do that .

Another thing I noticed in redsn0w is that it is not displaying a phone number in the list of information. I read earlier about how turning on/off an unactivated phone could possibly wipe out the SIM data or something. Im taking the phone to Verizon today, and im hoping they can fix it so I can spare the 40 minute drive to my nearest apple store.

For the record, I just popped my SIM slot open, and there WAS a Verizon SIM card.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I dont have any friends available at this time to do that .

Another thing I noticed in redsn0w is that it is not displaying a phone number in the list of information. I read earlier about how turning on/off an unactivated phone could possibly wipe out the SIM data or something. Im taking the phone to Verizon today, and im hoping they can fix it so I can spare the 40 minute drive to my nearest apple store.

For the record, I just popped my SIM slot open, and there WAS a Verizon SIM card.

There was a SIM card that Keith already talked about being used if you activate it for global GSM partners. There's additional charges you can pay to get a global cell contract vs paying for global roaming. You'd need to activate that SIM, include the extra fee, and be in range of the partner towers for it to do anything of consequence. While using the Verizon network, you'll use CDMA to activate your phone. It's an irrelevant step. It would be relevant if all of the following were true:
1) You'd activated the SIM.
2) You were out of country.
3) You couldn't get service via global roaming.

Otherwise, Verizon wouldn't be using the SIM to activate. That's why I was TRYING to get Keith to drop the issue. It's nothing more than a confusing point.

The 4s users I know are either on AT&T or Sprint. I'm not much help in finding a phone to pull the data and compare =(

I don't believe the phone number is an issue, in itself. When my phone is activating, it shows it not having a number. During the activation process, it corrects that to include a number. Until activated, it wouldn't make sense for it to have a number associated. If it did, you could never transfer the phone to different numbers. That'd be a whole new beast of a lock =(

If Verizon can't help, Apple has online support. Choose the option that you "believe you should be granted an exception to the 90 day AppleCare due to hardware..." They'll talk you through a bit of it.

Ultimately, you updated the firmware. The problem you're facing shouldn't happen with any phone, to include a jailbroken phone. If you don't mention the jailbreak, they'll most likely find a solution for you.

XiphusX

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I took the cowards way out and just did a trade-in + upgrade and got a 32gb iphone5 for $130. I have been wanting more HD space considering I have a huge music collection. So I figured i'd just do this. Thanks for everyones help though. Great forum.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I took the cowards way out and just did a trade-in + upgrade and got a 32gb iphone5 for $130. I have been wanting more HD space considering I have a huge music collection. So I figured i'd just do this. Thanks for everyones help though. Great forum.

Just out of curiosity, were they willing to replace it otherwise? Or were they only willing to work with a trade scenario?

XiphusX

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, were they willing to replace it otherwise? Or were they only willing to work with a trade scenario?

I didn't even bother taking it to an Apple store. My carrier was unable to do anything, so I just traded it in there (at Verizon) and ordered. Im pretty happy about the upgrade anyways. So this actually worked out.

Hanz Quijano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, if I can also ask a question to you. My computer recognizes the device, but when I go to iTunes, it says that the may have stopped working. If you have any solutions to this problem, please help me

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77