NAVV 11.3.04 Navigation Bundles for Review

stevekartinger

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello TiPb Community;

My name is Steve Kartinger and I am posting on behalf of NAVVGPS.

The version we had before our most recent update (11.3), was a bit buggy and we were recieving negative reviews on the appstore. We @ NAVV have been working hard and listening to our customers to bring the most recent update version 11.3.04 (basically a patch with some additional content). Since we wanted to bring the update to market as fast as possible; we need your help to assure that everything is in proper order.

=====================

More details about the update can be seen fromt the whats new portion of our descriptions:

Get your NAVV updated ? Go social ? Follow the sunny weather!

We've been listening to your feedback, and this is what we've fixed for ver. 11.3.04:
➢ NAVV is back and working optimal
➢ Locked maps issue - fixed
➢ Start-up crash on occasion - fixed
➢ Other bugs - fixed

With NAVV ver. 11.3:
➢ You will enjoy a brand new user interface, which offers accessible features in just a 1-2 taps
➢ You can share your location, favourites, itineraries or current route on your Facebook wall ? right from the app
➢ You can search for foursquare venues and automatically check in upon arrival
➢ You will always be aware of current weather conditions and 3-day weather forecast at any point on the map (powered by MyWeather.com)
➢ Bug Fixes

Visit NAVV?s redesigned and enriched in-app store:
➢ To get a better guidance by voice instructions with street names pronounced in English, German, and French
➢ To equip your NAVV with additional maps of Western Europe and North America

=====================

From here - I would like it very much if users can go through the software and tell us their experiences. We are offering promocodes but would ask kindly that those who use provide feedback on their experiences and alert of bug (if any)

Additionally - If you enjoy the NAVV experience and would like to submit a review to the appstore; your communication to others via that channel is appreciated.

For now I will post Promos and see what type of feedback we recieve. It we believe its beneficial; expect more promos and more bundles in this thread - If not, consider this our final post. →

NOTE: Please post in thread which promo you've taken to avoid others from trying expired codes.

NOTE: Please only take codes if you will review for specific countries! I.E. Please do not take Scandinavia then review for any other country except NORWAY. Thank you kindly.

Promos for Norway (Scandinavia)

Y7J9YWWW7XHT
T7FWFYYKERYY
HT9PMT4THAAY

Promos for Germany or Switzerland (DACH)

YWHF6P6XJ3JJ
HXYRHX9JANX7
EHN6A4NAPYLJ

Promos for United States of America (USA)

6XN9R9F4R693
HFYXRF7XNMJ9
4LAAFR9PEYLL

Looking forward to your feedback -

Steve

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
thank you!... I used this code

4LAAFR9PEYLL

I will give it a good test when I get a chance :)

(Wow its 1.52GB!!) good thing i am doing it in iTunes and not on the phone :)

EDIT: Update... ok after you download/install... you then have to download another 1.9gb (for the US maps) in data to get the actual maps to search/enter address's - i could not find how to do it on iTunes, so you have to do it on the phone. Make sure you are on wifi to do it! :)

Last edited:

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
update 2:

finally done...
started playing with it. Many nice features... easy to setup. easy to search for an address. nice display.
I was playing with the settings, trying to make gas stations appear, and i cannot seem to find it as an option?

I like the weather display :) and traffic... very cool.

FYI: @stevekartinger.. the user guide online is not at all what i am seeing. It appears to be old/out dated.

I will continue to play for a good week and update here and there as I find things. Then i will add a review to itunes. So far, i would put it at 4 stars :)

stevekartinger

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Feedback Recieved →

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback so far and I hope you'r enjoying your license. Do each of you mind to leave a comment in the appstore. Please share with others your thoughts. While reading the thread i see that the downloads have caught a few of you off guard. I'm thinking of alterning the description making sure that everyones knows which exactly which download processes they can expect as well as size and optimal form of download. Any suggestions?

Best, Steve

Reactions: drlib

drlib

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi Steve
Do you have any more US codes like to test this out

I have a Sprint Iphone 4s 16g :)

Thanks

Last edited:

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback so far and I hope you'r enjoying your license. Do each of you mind to leave a comment in the appstore. Please share with others your thoughts. While reading the thread i see that the downloads have caught a few of you off guard. I'm thinking of alterning the description making sure that everyones knows which exactly which download processes they can expect as well as size and optimal form of download. Any suggestions?

Best, Steve

Yes! you should make sure to tell people to do download at home on itunes/wifi to make sure no one does it on a 3g connection. Not only will it take a long time, but if they do not get unlimited data, this app alone could push them over the limit. :)

So far I like the app a lot.... I will post a comment in the itunes store as well.

Question: How do you get gas stations to show on the map? I can search and see them, but cant figure out how to just display them?

Thanks again!

EDIT: iTunes wont let me do it??? it says i have to purchase/download it first... lol. nice one apple. will keep trying!

EDIT2: Ok, it seems that if you get an app with a promo code, you cannot review/rate it!??? apple is trying to stop false reviews. Well... that sucks.

Last edited:

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I crashed the app by trying to navigate to the current location (i am home and told it to go home)

also,, suggestions:
when typing in .. like street etc.. make the fonts smaller, it feels like stuff is off the sides of the screen.
and, if you search an address, then click show to see the area, there is no easy way to return to the previous screen. you have to go to menu then previous searches.

TheCIArr

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Best, Steve

You should probably mention that local maps will be downloaded separately/ after the app. It would probably help to state that if Internet connectivity is interrupted, some progress of the download may be lost.

By the way, are there plans to allow Navv to function while in the background?

Thanks

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
tried it out today again.. had a few issues.

1) the time to destination told me for most of the trip that i had like 133 hrs before i arrived. Destination was only 12 miles.?? second location i went to from there worked fine.

2) settings... tried to change the volume while driving... its hard to hit the buttons and very slow to react.
so for the settings (+/-) buttons you should make them much larger and check the response time.

3) i finally found how to display gas stations, but you cant see them because they are under other icons.
- i would suggest sub categories. So if you pick to show transportation, it open another selection where you can check mark the different items to view... like just gas.. or gas, and repair.. etc. This goes for all the choices.

other wise i like it... you done some great work so far. keep going.

I will post a screenshot later of the odd time issue.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
45cfb6c3-ea7e-7057.jpg
45cfb6c3-ea8e-a368.jpg

Here are a few screens. See the time to reach destination? And the volume. I had trouble turning it up. Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linglihemu8988