"My Info" in Contacts

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to iOS 5 and was checking out each setting. When going through the mail, contacts, calendars setting, I noticed an option that says "My Info". It's currently set to one of my contacts. When I click the contact to change it, it brings up all of my contacts.

What is this feature for? Should I have a contact with my information in my address book and use that contact for this setting?

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah? Whats the deal with this? My wife's phone just finished and now in my info it shows my name from contacts. I changed it to her name but then noticed there were various contacts added under her name just formatted differently? Don't know where these came from either?

wandelaar

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Found it!!

The "My Info" area should contain your own entry from your list of contacts, this will let apps like Safari automatically populate forms on specifics like your address, phone number, and other details it can use, saving you time and frustration.... so it is a cool feature

Norhasliza Eja

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I've got problem with my phone.how I can change back my info at contact setting back to "NONE". Coz I can't call any number when my info already set my husband name. So how I can change back to normal??help me.TQ

mindacortesrasing

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but as I am not a techie, I cannot understand what "automatically populating forms on specifics..." means. If I put my son's name there, what happens?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What if my contact info ISN'T in the contacts list? How do I add my info?

1. Initiate the contacts app
2. Tap on the "+" sign in the upper right corner.
3. Add your contact information
4. Select "Done"
5. Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to the "Contacts" section.
6. Tap on "My Info" and then select the contact you just created from the listing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notforhire