My First iPad (iPad 2) Arrives Today... A Few Questions

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!

Im so excited that the FEDEX tracker says that my iPad 2 is on the truck for delivery today...woot! I need just a bit of help. I apologize in advance if these questions have been asked before.:eek:

#1, How do I know which apps in the App Store will work on my iPad 2? Some apps say "for iPad", but many do not.

#2, When I sync my iPad 2 with iTunes using the same Apple ID as my iPhone 4, will it sync all of the iPhone apps to my iPad 2 or will iTunes recognize the device as an iPad and not sync the iPhone apps...OR will it only sync compatible iPhone apps to the iPad 2? I don't want funky iPhone 4 apps on the Pad if they wont work properly. Am I gonna have to manually tell my iTunes which apps to sync to my iPad? UGH!!!!

#3, In games like "Words with Friends", the games that I have started on the iPhone... when I download WWF on the iPad 2, will I be able to play continue those games on the iPad 2?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!!! :D

bomkweesha#IM

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yayy for new iPad!!

#1: Any apps that say "for iPad" will work on either the first gen iPad or iPad 2, this includes universal apps that will also work for the iPhone or iPod Touch

#2: To my knowledge I think you have to add apps manually to the iPad when setting it up. You can put your iPhone apps on it, they will appear iPhone size on the iPad screen or pixelated if you "fit to screen". When I set mine up, I had to manually load on the apps that I wanted. (there might be someone who has a better answer to this, just going off my experience)

#3: When you open Words With Friends on the iPad, it will ask you to log in with your screen name and password (if you don't have a password, they will ask you to make one) Once you're logged in, you'll be able to continue any games that you're currently playing.

Hope this helps you! Enjoy your new iPad!

Reactions: mrsFAB

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'm still waiting on it. I keep looking out of the window for FEDEX! And I'm looking at the unboxing vid right now!!

Last edited:

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
So far, I love, love this thing! And my nervousness about syncing with iTunes was much ado about nothing. I'm sure I won't be sleeping much tonight! Gotta download skyfire, dropbox, iMovie, etc.etc.etc.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77