Music app not playing full songs...

JeffK59

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Tech/Spec stuff first:
1. iPhone 6 plus, fully updated OS
2. Music app playing songs that I have bought via iTunes and are physically stored on the phone NOT being played via Apple music or any network connection
3. Problem occurs the same whether I'm listening in the car via Bluetooth to the car's audio system, on headphones while I'm walking, or when the phone is plugged into counter-top speakers via stereo patch cable.

I've recently had a weird problem crop up.

A song in a playlist will be playing, and suddenly go silent 2/3 or so of the way through the song.

When I look at the progress bar for the song, it's still moving along, showing time left in the track, as if the track is still playing, there's just no sound.

When it gets to the end of the track, the next song starts up just like normal. Occasionally, the next track will start while the current track is still on the screen, showing a minute or two playing time still to go.

If I jump to next, the next track continues, but the screen now displays info for that track instead of the one that just ended early.

It's not always the same tracks. Sometimes a particular track will play all the way through, and the next time it comes up it will end early. Some tracks do seem to be affected more than others.

I've gone back to the computer and drive where all of my music is stored and played some of the affected tracks from there, and they [play just fine all the way through.

any ideas? Anybody else seen this or found a fix?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the problem where the song will just cut off...mid-song! I've opted to use the app Cesium, which is frick'n awesome!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepghosh2564