More Iphone competition

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
C'mon Archie, try reading Wikipedia on WinCE.

WinCE forms the core of Windows Mobile but they are used for very different purposes.

And for the record, regarding the Meizo Mini-one (M8):

According to some posts in their forums by someone who appears to be Meizu's CEO, J.Wong, the original M8 design for a massive-touchscreen cellphone debuted four days before Macworld -- however, the design was still undergoing changes, and when Apple launched their product, so Meizu reworked the aesthetic, added some metal, slimmed it down, and voila, M8 cum miniOne.

engadget

I mean they have a little bit of wiggle room, lol.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
This is ridiculous. I don't care what Microsoft's naming schemes are. Crimeny! They change it up every other year anyway, who could possibly keep track except for the most devout fan-boys).

My point is (after being so inappropriately derailed) that this dream device/iPhone killer/pie-in-the-sky will not materialize as such. 240 pixels per inch? I think not!

You know... it's possible that this 720X480 is adhering to the Korean's convention of screen definitions — listing how many lines of transistors make up the screen. 3 (RGB) transitors serve to make up one pixel.

720 divided by 3 is 240. That is more realistic.
Now all we have to do is account for the other differences, like the amusing slimming in design by chopping off several millimeters in thickness over the course of 4 days. Explain to me how this could be feasible — then you have my attention (while your at it, you may also want to explain it to the engineers).

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
This is ridiculous. I don't care what Microsoft's naming schemes are. Crimeny! They change it up every other year anyway, who could possibly keep track except for the most devout fan-boys).

My point is (after being so inappropriately derailed) that this dream device/iPhone killer/pie-in-the-sky will not materialize as such. 240 pixels per inch? I think not!

You know... it's possible that this 720X480 is adhering to the Korean's convention of screen definitions ? listing how many lines of transistors make up the screen. 3 (RGB) transitors serve to make up one pixel.

720 divided by 3 is 240. That is more realistic.

If 720x480 seems impossibly great to you, 800x480 is really going to blow your mind.

toshiba-g900-header.jpg

http://ringtones.engadgetmobile.com/2007/02/12/toshibas-g900-and-e01-with-windows-mobile-6/

sharp-em-one.jpg

http://ringtones.engadgetmobile.com/2007/02/20/sharp-shows-em-one-pocket-pc-for-japans-emobile/

And look - real keyboards and HSDPA. They better catch up with Apple and remove them, for our greater convenience! And they better remove that Digital TV too!

Now all we have to do is account for the other differences, like the amusing slimming in design by chopping off several millimeters in thickness over the course of 4 days. Explain to me how this could be feasible ? then you have my attention (while your at it, you may also want to explain it to the engineers).

Maybe they just decided to sacrifice battery life, like Apple did?

Any more questions you need answering?:rolleyes:

Surur

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
Questions?

Does anyone know if the Meizu will be sold in the U.S.?
Is this phone being tested by any of the U.S. carriers?
Furthermore, could this phone pass all of the strict standards of U.S. carriers?

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I like how you wait arround, hanging on my every word, just bursting to post in response to my words.

Wait; that would require that you actually read and understand what I write.

Here, I'll try playing your way in an effort to dodge the issue.

specs_top20060807.jpg

2560 x 1600 pixels! What do you have to say about that. AND, it's just as thick.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Questions?

Furthermore, could this phone pass all of the strict standards of U.S. carriers?
Well, they will be using a TD-SCDMA based radio in it so they can't even test it over seas yet because the network roll-out won't be until the start of 2008.

TD-SCDMA will never be in the US.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
2560 x 1600 pixels! What do you have to say about that. AND, it's just as thick.

Wow! Thats completely incoherent. Maybe you want to restate your argument? What has that got to do with the M8, and whether it can be 720x480 or not?

Specimen38, its unlikely the M8 would come to USA. Even the LG PRADA phone is not coming to USA. Its not the most profitable market in the world for a more expensive phone.

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You know, at 100 dpi, that cinema display actually has a much lower dpi than the Toshiba WM 6 phone, at 300 dpi. I bet you did not even realize that.

Surur

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
Ridiculous. Why don't you guys (surur, archie, malatesta, and whoever else is engaging in this pathetic pissing contest) please just get together, whip out your willies and measure up. Obviously, at least some of you are dealing with serious inadequacy issues.

That being said, I find that archies contributions have held a respectable amount of accuracy. Surur, your credibility notwithstanding (though I have no idea what your actual credentials are), I find your contributions pedantic, condescending, and hostile enough to easily discount them - even if some are true.

This has historically been a very positive, helpful, and entertaining website; but crap like this is what makes truly helpful, even innovative (remember shadowmite?) contributors leave. Please grow up a little and consider taking your personal issues to private messaging to spare the rest of us dodging your urine streams.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
This has historically been a very positive, helpful, and entertaining website; but crap like this is what makes truly helpful, even innovative (remember shadowmite?) contributors leave. Please grow up a little and consider taking your personal issues to private messaging to spare the rest of us dodging your urine streams.

This is one thread which you are not obliged to read. Whats your problem?

Probably the fact that you believe Archie has any insight.

Surur

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Ridiculous. Why don't you guys (surur, archie, malatesta, and whoever else is engaging in this pathetic pissing contest) please just get together, whip out your willies and measure up. Obviously, at least some of you are dealing with serious inadequacy issues.

That being said, I find that archies contributions have held a respectable amount of accuracy. Surur, your credibility notwithstanding (though I have no idea what your actual credentials are), I find your contributions pedantic, condescending, and hostile enough to easily discount them - even if some are true.

Wow and thanks for your contribution :rolleyes:

Inadequacy issues? Are you busting out antiquated and false Freudian junk in a phone forum? And thanks for the profane imagery.

Like surur said, you don't have to read this or participate. Archie doesn't have to respond to our posts and we don't have to his but we do. It's all good and just disagreements about technology. Stop taking it personally especially since it doesn't involve you.

Also, you don't speak for Shadowmite or other users.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
This is one thread which you are not obliged to read. Whats your problem?

Probably the fact that you believe Archie has any insight.

Surur

My problem is quite simple. People whom insist on posting sarcastic, belittling responses to the comments and questions raised by others only pollute and diminish the quality of the overall atmosphere in forums like this. Your comments, in particular, aren't quarantined in this one thread - it's yet another place where you seem bent on belittling someone else. As an open forum meant for the enjoyment of a wide community - one where questions, answers, speculation, and opinion are normally welcome - consistently negative contributors have no real place or value.

As far as whether or not I believe archie has any insight; well, frankly I wouldn't make any investments from my retirement fund based on information gained in a forum such as this. No one here is going to lose life or limb if there is incorrect information dispursed, yet there are those here who take every word written just that seriously.

I guess the point is; if someone states something incorrect (or even questionable), it's just as easy to post a correction without trying to make the person look foolish. Doing so makes both look foolish, and one looks like an ***.

Put another way; if you argue with an idiot, people watching probably can't tell who is who.

With that, I respectfully disengage.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I guess the point is; if someone states something incorrect (or even questionable), it's just as easy to post a correction without trying to make the person look foolish. Doing so makes both look foolish, and one looks like an ***.

Sorry, but some people are foolish, and showing them the error of their ways is a service I am happy to perform.

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
If 720x480 seems impossibly great to you, 800x480 is really going to blow your mind.

toshiba-g900-header.jpg

http://ringtones.engadgetmobile.com/2007/02/12/toshibas-g900-and-e01-with-windows-mobile-6/

sharp-em-one.jpg

http://ringtones.engadgetmobile.com/2007/02/20/sharp-shows-em-one-pocket-pc-for-japans-emobile/

And look - real keyboards and HSDPA. They better catch up with Apple and remove them, for our greater convenience! And they better remove that Digital TV too!

NICE!!! Too bad we won't see them here, I bet. :(
If sliders start getting accepted in Japan, it means they could be here to stay.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I have to agree with Vinman that the catty fighting should stop. You can have a civil discussion even while disagreeing with each other.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
NICE!!! Too bad we won't see them here, I bet. :(
If sliders start getting accepted in Japan, it means they could be here to stay.

I agree! I saw this thing a few days ago and it left me drooling!! Whatever site I saw that EM device on suggested that it would probably never see the good 'ol US of A. :confused: Seems to be a trend. At least we'll get the iPhone - regardless of what some think of it, I think I'll have to get one!

By the way, are you still "testing" the 8125? The reason I ask is that one of the things I dislike the most is the lack of number keys within the keyboard (the way the Treo is laid out). The 8525 has that feature. I'm just waiting on 3G to jump on that train. Both my lines will be eligible for upgrade before the iPhone June-apalooza...

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I haven't used the keyboard as much as I should, even though I text a lot. There are number keys on the top line. You have to, I think, press the dot to change over to numbers.

bloodycape77

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Questions?

I think last I heard the phone will support GSM and CDMA or was it just a WCDMA phone?

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
those sliders make me shiver! too much of a hassle given my needs

if the treo's form factor is so wonderful to so many (including you Lady Phone), how could the slideout keyboard be even better? is it?

maybe i'll start a poll!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludogg23