MBA M1 Issue

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a MacBook Air (M1) 2020 model running macOS 13 b5. After I sign in the computer will freeze and restart. I have tried to run First Aid and it doesn't find anything. I have booted in Safe Mode and that doesn't solve the problem.

I want to erase and reinstall the OS but I am not able to do so. After the computer is off and I hold down the power button I don't get the Start Up options. The computer will turn on and show the Apple logo then turn off.

Even if I continue to hold the power button nothing happens.

How do I reinstall the OS?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a MacBook Air (M1) 2020 model running macOS 13 b5. After I sign in the computer will freeze and restart. I have tried to run First Aid and it doesn't find anything. I have booted in Safe Mode and that doesn't solve the problem.

I want to erase and reinstall the OS but I am not able to do so. After the computer is off and I hold down the power button I don't get the Start Up options. The computer will turn on and show the Apple logo then turn off.

Even if I continue to hold the power button nothing happens.

How do I reinstall the OS?

Why aren’t you able to erase and reinstall? Is the computer managed by someone else or an entity like your IT Department? If so, get with them to have the issue resolved. Otherwise, create an install disk with a USB pin drive to reinstall the OS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77