Man Sues Apple Over iOS 7 Because He Hates It That Much

richu75

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Read the article again.

He is suing Apple, not for hating iOS7, but for the space the (mandatory!) download takes on his device.
And I do understand his point. If you have an iDevice with limited storage (read: 8GB) every MB counts.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
crazy world we live in...

It won't hold up as having a device that low in size.. HE does have the option to upgrade to a bigger size... lol

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Read the article again.

He is suing Apple, not for hating iOS7, but for the space the (mandatory!) download takes on his device.
And I do understand his point. If you have an iDevice with limited storage (read: 8GB) every MB counts.

Wow.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Read the article again.

I just re-read the article. For one, the title itself states he is suing apple over IOS 7 because he hates it so much. Secondly, the only quote from the guy himself is that he is pissed off that he lost his choice. BUT, he has not even been forced to download the file. He is crying because he is 'forced to see the prompt to download ios 7' every time he restarts his phone lol. If he clicked on that prompt, it is his own fault. It doesn't even say that he has an 8GB phone but if he does, then it was not one of the new releases that came with IOS 7 already installed....thus eliminating his 'choice'.

That's it!! I am starting a class action lawsuit against Apple because I happen to love oranges and I am completely appalled that I am FORCED to see the picture of an Apple every time I restart my phone!!

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Read the article again.

Yes, the article's (and this thread's) title is misleading. Apple is pushing the iOS 7 upgrade to every capable phone the moment it has a chance - once the phone is plugged in and connected to Wi-Fi. The iOS 7 installer is some 3GB in size.
Now just because your iPhone is capable of the upgrade, some users may be perfectly happy with how they use their earlier OS and/or are concerned as to how well their older device may react to the upgrade. While I have had few issues with iOS 7 on my iPhone 4, I am also reading of those with less success or satisfaction as a result. Its your phone - make it work for you.

But to force push software to users that is undeletable until installed is simply not on. Its bad enough Apple pushes iOS embedded apps that are 'fluff' or poorly realized, but to demand an entire OS change? No computer company dares try that with their devices, why should it be acceptable in a device with even less storage or user-defined capabilities?

Go for it, say I.

richu75

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just re-read the article. For one, the title itself states he is suing apple over IOS 7 because he hates it so much. Secondly, the only quote from the guy himself is that he is pissed off that he lost his choice. BUT, he has not even been forced to download the file. He is crying because he is 'forced to see the prompt to download ios 7' every time he restarts his phone lol. If he clicked on that prompt, it is his own fault. It doesn't even say that he has an 8GB phone but if he does, then it was not one of the new releases that came with IOS 7 already installed....thus eliminating his 'choice'.

That's it!! I am starting a class action lawsuit against Apple because I happen to love oranges and I am completely appalled that I am FORCED to see the picture of an Apple every time I restart my phone!!

No, he is not forced to download. The phone is forced to download the new iOS. The end user has no choice.
The iOS installer occupies between 2 and 3 GB on your phone if you do not want to upgrade and there is no way to remove it.

Believe it or not, some people prefer to keep iOS6. Some for a jailbreak, some just prefer the old looks.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
But to force push software to users that is undeletable until installed is simply not on. Its bad enough Apple pushes iOS embedded apps that are 'fluff' or poorly realized, but to demand an entire OS change? No computer company dares try that with their devices, why should it be acceptable in a device with even less storage or user-defined capabilities?

Go for it, say I.

It doesn't download the software until you tell it too, no? My wife's 4S is getting a notification, but she doesn't have enough space to install it. I fail to see his argument if what I say is true.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No, he is not forced to download. The phone is forced to download the new iOS. The end user has no choice.
The iOS installer occupies between 2 and 3 GB on your phone if you do not want to upgrade and there is no way to remove it.

Believe it or not, some people prefer to keep iOS6. Some for a jailbreak, some just prefer the old looks.

I'm with ya completely on wanting to preserve iOS 6 for jailbreak reasons, or even personal preference. But the mandatory installer part throws me. My wife's phone shows iOS 7 is available for download but nothing is forcing her.

richu75

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't download the software until you tell it too, no? My wife's 4S is getting a notification, but she doesn't have enough space to install it. I fail to see his argument if what I say is true.

The installer checks if there is enough space. If there is not, the automatic download does not start.

I'm with ya completely on wanting to preserve iOS 6 for jailbreak reasons, or even personal preference. But the mandatory installer part throws me. My wife's phone shows iOS 7 is available for download but nothing is forcing her.

Well, as far as I know the installer download is simply pushed to your device if it meets the criteria. This is what happens:

other_data.jpg

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly the type of nonsense that could end up being a media frenzy. I can see and hear it now....."Next on NBC Nightly News; a California man is standing up for consumers as corporate America continues to take away more and more choices."

Lamont Raccoon

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
He's really not forced to update tho, I know ALOT of people who choose not to update their devices. So his lawsuit is still funny on the grounds that no matter how you spin it. It looks and sounds silly. :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyvu