MacBook Pro 2016 in the real world.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Consumer reports said that there was inconsistency in battery life in MacBook Pro 2016 - sometimes great, sometimes terrible. How are people seeing it in the real world? Is touch bar vs non-touch bar different?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I've personally never gotten close to Apple's advertised battery life on any product. Battery life is something the varies so wildly between different uses; there doesn't seem to be a one-size fits all battery test.

I'm personally seeing between 6-8 hours browsing, watching videos, using iphoto, imovie, word and davinci resolve mostly. My 2010 Macbook also claimed 10 hours battery life new, but I rarely got more than 5-6 hours with that one either.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
It's really all going to depend on your usage. If you're simply typing a word document, then yea, you'll get close to the advertised battery life. If you're doing high end video editing, while browsing 15 open tabs in safari and doing a google hangout, your battery life will be reduced. I really think this whole thing is overblown. They'll put out a software update to fix the safari issue, but I wouldn't hold off on the purchase because of it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I plan on testing my battery this weekend. I haven't used mine on battery alone for long enough to know for sure how long it'll last. I will agree with @mikeo007. Apple's estimates on anything other than iOS devices tend to be way off in my past experiences.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I finally have mine. Batter life is great. safari with the web app I use for work. All day no problems. It is actually better than my MacBook Air 13' 2013 (whose batter is about 10% from new, which isn't bad for 3 years of heavy use). Now when I use Firefox for the web app and dragon dictation, battery life is short. But that is totally to be expected. Intel still hasn't been able to provide power with low powered usage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz