LiftMaster MyQ Garage Door Openers, MyQ Home Bridge

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I had new garage door openers and doors installed, purposely choosing LiftMaster MyQ openers. Chamberlain is the consumer brand and LiftMaster is the installer brand of the same company. A couple weeks beforehand, I purchased a MyQ Home Bridge, which is a separate box that enables HomeKit support for Chamberlain and LiftMaster MyQ garage door openers.

The Home Bridge is currently being offered at an introductory price, $20 less than the final retail price.
https://www.chamberlain.com/smartphone-control-products/smartphone-connectivity/myq-home-bridge

I was able to get the MyQ Home Bridge setup and mounted in about an hour, and now I can control both of my garage doors using Siri. As of now I added the doors to my "good night" scene to make sure they're closed for the night when I turn off all the lights. I am also able to ask Siri if the garage doors are closed or open.

I've been holding off on new garage door openers for a long time, waiting for a product that supports HomeKit. One opener has been non-functioning for about a year. I'm very glad that Chamberlain/LiftMaster finally have a product that supports HomeKit, and I'm sure many other people will jump on this suite of products as well.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is a picture of the MyQ Home Bridge mounted to the garage wall. The box is fairly small and comes with a very easy to use mounting bracket.MyQ Home Bridge.jpg

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
They also offer a unit with Battery backup. The 1.5 years we lived in our house we lost power about 15 days worth during that time period. After that we did a Generac Backup Generator, but a battery backup on the garage door opener would be good also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB