Let's be honest here, is the iPad Mini the best small tablet out right now?

mcgowan398

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm just really curious, did you guys go for the design? Specs? Brand? Is it really the best thing out right now or is it best to go the Android way (Nexus7(2013))? I wanna hear from the Apple peeps :thumbup::thumbup:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm just really curious, did you guys go for the design? Specs? Brand? Is it really the best thing out right now or is it best to go the Android way (Nexus7(2013))? I wanna hear from the Apple peeps :thumbup::thumbup:

The Apple iPad Mini is the best small tablet device for a great deal of people just like other small tablets are the best for a great deal of other people....:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
A troll is a troll. Nonetheless, the iPad mini is the best small tablet out right now. I came from an Android tablet. So...yea. :)

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
i think its pretty cool my parents have tablets, kindle and samsung one? and i would chose the ipad mini over both of those

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If I had to buy a new small tablet right now, I'd buy an iPad Mini.

I _wouldn't_, because it's about to be refreshed. But if I had to.

If the next iPad Mini gets the Retina display it will be well worth the wait. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. :)

peemmfivekay

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had both iPad mini and Nexus 7. In terms of the physical dimensions, I prefer the iPad mini. It just feels right. The Nexus 7 felt a little too long and not wide enough. The ratio was weird for me. I eventually sold my Nexus 7, and I rarely ever get rid of my electronics.

SneakySnufflez

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my iPad mini as a birthday present back in April. Before that though I had a Samsung tablet running android. Have to say the iPad mini is much better overall.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I got my iPad mini as a birthday present back in April. Before that though I had a Samsung tablet running android. Have to say the iPad mini is much better overall.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊
I looked very close at the Nexus 7 before buying the mini and reading the reviews on both and playing with both there was only one choice the mini. I also like the larger screen between the two this was a major factor in my decision.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Price and specs wise I would say the Nexus 7 does have advantages over the ipad mini. 32GB storage, LTE, 1920*1200 IPS display. That said the question will always be do you want iOS or Android as your OS, if you don't care then the Nexus 7 has strong benefits. If you want iOS then the ipad mini is the right choice. I have used both and owned both so its more what you want and what. With the Nexus 7 you get a higher resolution screen, you can add OTG for more storage, but again this is an iOS site so a bit of bias perhaps on what is "best".

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely not the best small tablet out there. Honestly I don't care for the screen, the speed isn't bad but it does need a higher res screen.

The only reason I still love he ipad mini is the apps. So yes it makes it a better tablet in a sense, but without that it isn't even close considering it has most of the specs of the ipad 2.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buying on right now, especially considering the next one should be out soon.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I won my iPad Mini by filling out an online survey. Before I had the Mini, I had bought a Note 10.1, which I love.. so much that I also bought my wife one for Christmas last year. However, after getting the Mini, it seems I use my Note 10.1 less and less, but do still use it.. I love the form factor of the Mini but do miss some of the writing functions of the Note 10.1.
I guess I have the best of both worlds...